Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:03 AM   #1
Rooskibar03
macrumors 65816

iPhone Purchasers: Denver, CO

May as well hop on the bandwagon..

Anyone planning anything in the Mile High City?
Rooskibar03 is offline   0
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Rooskibar03
macrumors 65816

Sweet. Almost 24 hours and no one has anything to say. I guess my chances of getting one are looking pretty good.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 09:10 AM   #3
bellicelli
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to bellicelli
I Am

I'm planning on getting 2. Can't decide if I'll try on Friday or not.

I'm thinking I'll either try the ATT store on the 16th street mall next to Rock Bottom or the Cherry Creek Apple Store.
bellicelli is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Rooskibar03
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicelli View Post
I'm planning on getting 2. Can't decide if I'll try on Friday or not.

I'm thinking I'll either try the ATT store on the 16th street mall next to Rock Bottom or the Cherry Creek Apple Store.
Right on, Ill be in the south side of town. Going to leave work around noon and head over to Aspen Grove. It there is already a considerable line, I'll head over the Att store by my house.

Happy hunting.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 07:27 PM   #5
bellicelli
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to bellicelli
Good Luck

Good luck. I have no idea how big this will really be. I'd really like to get one for he weekend, but I'm not sure I want to wait in line.I'd be interested to know how big demand is around town next Friday...
bellicelli is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:15 PM   #6
halo14
macrumors newbie

I've been waiting for about 2 years now...so I'm taking the day off Friday.
I've been calling around for the past month, and no good info yet.
Anyone have the scoop on the local stores?
halo14 is offline   0
Old Jun 23, 2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Rooskibar03
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo14 View Post
I've been waiting for about 2 years now...so I'm taking the day off Friday.
I've been calling around for the past month, and no good info yet.
Anyone have the scoop on the local stores?

Nothing but the same speculation as everyone else here.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:26 AM   #8
dabless
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

I'm thinking of being at the Cherry Creek Apple Store sometime early on Friday. does anyone know how the odds of getting one will be there? Also, I'm not familiar with the other ATT corporately owned stores in Denver. I know one but i'm sure its just a franchise.

Thanks,
see some of you there.
dabless is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:30 AM   #9
roland.g
macrumors 603

Even with my birthday on Monday, I am trying to resist treating myself. I am going to wait for the initial wave to pass by, see what the response is, as well as give iLounge a chance to really review the cases and other products. I want more info on the phone and everything else too. I am hoping for 8, 12 or 8, 16 gig models by xmas or MWSF. I am also on contract till March, though I would consider breaking it.

However, I will make my way down to an Apple Store within the first week to check out a display model.

What I really want is a new industrial iMac or updated Mac Pro to hit in July so I can get a new Mac. If that can happen, my lust for an iPhone can be put on hold a little while (no pun intended).
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:34 AM   #10
dabless
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicelli View Post
Good luck. I have no idea how big this will really be. I'd really like to get one for he weekend, but I'm not sure I want to wait in line.I'd be interested to know how big demand is around town next Friday...
I wonder if it's possible to make posts in a macrumors forum from most cell phones. If so, is it possible to set up a forum where we could each post updates from each of the stores we are at referring to crowd size, etc? Form a crude network to get a feel for the traffic around the stores? Just a thought...
dabless is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:38 AM   #11
lazyrighteye
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskibar03 View Post
Right on, Ill be in the south side of town. Going to leave work around noon and head over to Aspen Grove. It there is already a considerable line, I'll head over the Att store by my house.

Happy hunting.
I'm hitting Aspen Grove as well with a buddy.
He plans on getting 1 iPhone.
I'm holding off until Aug 6 when my ties to VZW are officially over.
Going to be a fun Friday!
lazyrighteye is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:39 AM   #12
roland.g
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabless View Post
I wonder if it's possible to make posts in a macrumors forum from most cell phones. If so, is it possible to set up a forum where we could each post updates from each of the stores we are at referring to crowd size, etc? Form a crude network to get a feel for the traffic around the stores? Just a thought...
Yes, go to mobile.macrumors.com

You can post mobile.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:04 AM   #13
djkirsten
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland.g View Post
Yes, go to mobile.macrumors.com

You can post mobile.

or you can just wait until you get inside the apple store and use one of their many computers to post, yes they make computers too
djkirsten is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:10 PM   #14
zac4mac
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to zac4mac
I'll be hitting either the AT&T store or the Apple Store in Boulder. There's one each within 100 yards of each other at 29th street. I plan on getting there around 10 or 11 and pick the one with the shorter line. AT&T said they're closing around 4:30, but several folks at the Apple store said they aren't closing first.

By hook or by crook, I'll have an iPhone Friday evening and I'll even be able to play with it after I take my wife to dinner - Friday's her birthday and she's too sweet not bitching about me spending half the day in line waiting for a toy for myself...

Z
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:33 PM   #15
Mr. Mustard
macrumors member

nope

well please let me know how every one enjoys the phone. most of the time all i hear is complaints on this site. so i really don't expect anything different on sat.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:10 PM   #16
laddbosworth
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to laddbosworth
Cherry Creek

I heard from a friend at the Cherry Creek store that they have rented the empty space next door and they are going to use it as a staging area for the customers lining up.

I'll be heading to the Cherry Creek store and will have my laptop. Assuming I'm in range of the Apple store's free wifi, I'll be updating my blog with line status, etc.

http://www.1448south.com/
laddbosworth is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:02 PM   #17
repdetect2
macrumors newbie

At&t

I will more than likely be camping at AT&T chain store to ensure I get one.

I would love to go to the apple store, but I am leery as this will be a hub of activity...

laddbosworth----

What time do you plan on heading over, I could alter my plans I meet up with you...
repdetect2 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:21 PM   #18
laddbosworth
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by repdetect2 View Post

laddbosworth----

What time do you plan on heading over, I could alter my plans I meet up with you...
I'm not sure... probably early... I agree with the other folks that the Apple stores will be busier... and everyone seems to be headed to Cherry Creek or Aspen Grove, so maybe Park Meadows is a better choice since it's a lesser known store? But then again they may not get the same allocation of iPhones... I just don't know! Argh. I wish we had more information!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:40 PM   #19
Rooskibar03
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddbosworth View Post
I'm not sure... probably early... I agree with the other folks that the Apple stores will be busier... and everyone seems to be headed to Cherry Creek or Aspen Grove, so maybe Park Meadows is a better choice since it's a lesser known store? But then again they may not get the same allocation of iPhones... I just don't know! Argh. I wish we had more information!
There are no shortage of Apple stores in town thats for sure.

Maybe we should start a phone tree like some companies to alert people of lines forming...
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:53 PM   #20
repdetect2
macrumors newbie

Apple Store

I would imagine that the Apple Stores should get the largest allocation one would thing. The other factor is that the Apple store is inside the mall, no one can camp until the mall opens and things will be extremely controlled.

Camping outside isn't a bad idea, but with the 90-95 degree weather, definitely makes the inside option with bathrooms that much more appealing.

So what time do you think we should head up there, 10, 11?

Almost makes me thing we should exchange aim names, or get an irc chat going. I have a few ideas on how we can coordinate...

Last edited by repdetect2; Jun 25, 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: update
repdetect2 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 04:29 PM   #21
lazyrighteye
macrumors 65816

Quote:
And let's not forget the Colorado Mills Apple Store - I'd vote it least known Apple Store in Colorado.

Good luck & have fun, all!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 04:52 PM   #22
laddbosworth
macrumors newbie

I think you mean Flatiron Crossing... not colorado mills...

my email is laddbosworth@gmail.com if anyone wants updates on where I'm at and how bad the line is...

If you email me I'll give you my cell number, but don't want to post it here...
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:07 PM   #23
LoneWolf121188
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

my email is laddbosworth@gmail.com if anyone wants updates on where I'm at and how bad the line is...

If you email me I'll give you my cell number, but don't want to post it here...
Flatirons? Least known? Are you kidding me??? I'm avoiding that one at all costs, given that its the largest mall within, oh, 50 miles or so.

I'll probably be heading down to the 29th St Mall one in Boulder. Or I might just order it online, I can wait.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:19 PM   #24
lazyrighteye
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf121188 View Post
Flatirons? Least known? Are you kidding me??? I'm avoiding that one at all costs, given that its the largest mall within, oh, 50 miles or so.

I'll probably be heading down to the 29th St Mall one in Boulder. Or I might just order it online, I can wait.
Ha! You're both right.
Mondaze...

I guess Flatiron is least known to me.
I just never find myself in malls...

But I might in 4 days.

What model do y'all plan on getting? 4 or 8G?
For me, AT&T plans are the deal breaker.
That said, I am thinking 4G, just to have the least investment in a new tech.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:33 PM   #25
HasanDaddy
macrumors 6502a

I'm definitely planning on getting one, but do you guys actually think that the stores will sell out?

I'm debating between Cherry Creek and the Littleton store ---- now that I know that Cherry Creek is reserving space though, it seems that they have their ***** together -- I may just go there

are you guys suggesting Boulder because its the least well known?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups