Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Thanx, I have this strange thing going on with my pismo this week. Every time I shout it down, the computer shouts down and then it start again by it self! Is happening to me always, I have to unplug the cord and take off the batery.

I can't take it to the Apple dealer because we are in hollydays and they may come in a week.

Any sugestions. :)

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Why are you shouting at your Pismo? Perhaps it is getting upset with you shouting at it, and it attempting to restart so it can yell back. :D

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Re: Some help here plis!

Originally posted by mymemory
Thanx, I have this strange thing going on with my pismo this week. Every time I shout it down, the computer shouts down and then it start again by it self! Is happening to me always, I have to unplug the cord and take off the batery.

I can't take it to the Apple dealer because we are in hollydays and they may come in a week.

Any sugestions. :)

Reset the Power Management Unit. (Go to Apple's Knowledge Base, do a search for "Reset Powerbook")

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
I'm trying here but is doing it agan, let me see...

Ok, looks like is working now, I mean is shut now. Thanx :D

My girldfriend just called me from her office, she just told me that last night about 1am (she was working on the G4) the powerbook start up by it self and she was scared to death! hehehe.

Case closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.