Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chazmox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
I am having problems with iPhoto and downloading pictures from my Fuji S602.

I have a 512k CF card in the camera. First off, when I connect the camera, I have not been able to transfer directly in iPhoto. This is not a problem as the camera appears as a drive on my Finder and I just copy the pictures into my photo library.

My main problem came today when I tried to download a video onto the desktop. When I plugged in the camera, iPhoto immediately launched and hung. I waited a bit and killed iPhoto. Whenever I tried to do anything in the finder ( copy the file to the desktop, "eject" the camera/drive ) the finder also hung. After about five minutes of waiting I killed the finder; however, it did not properly die and restart until I unplugged the camera.

If the camera is unplugged in this way the camera reports "Card not Initialized" so I cannot erase the video file that way to see if the size is a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I make it so iPhoto does not automatically launch when I plug in the camera? This may eliminate one of my problems!

Thanks!

chazmox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
Hi! I think I fixed my problem - I'm using Image Capture as my download SW and was able to "set" which SW launched on attachment of a camera from it's preferences. The problem seems to be with iPhoto... Without it running I can download, eject the device, etc.

Kind of solved this myself ( so proud of me! ) but thanks to anyone who looked at this, thought of something, etc.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Re: Problems with iPhoto and my S602

Originally posted by chazmox
Can I make it so iPhoto does not automatically launch when I plug in the camera? This may eliminate one of my problems!

Thanks!
Yep. Open 'Image Capture' and set the preferences to NOT open iPhoto when camera is plugged in.

OOPS. I just noticed that you found your solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.