Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Jun 23, 2007, 06:37 PM   #1
zap2
macrumors 604

European Gamers!

This thread is geared towards European gamers..mostly, if you know about the subject, and your not in Europe, feel free to advice me on what to get.

Iím leaving for a trip, which will involve going to german, austria, hungary and Czeck Republic. Of course Iím planning on getting stuff to bring back to the US, and Iím looking at some video game stuff.

I know the USA/Japan often get games before you...however every once in a while, we don't. I want to know some of the things you currently have, which isn't sold in the USA. I'd like them to be add ons or games that can work with my system from the USA. DS games, add ons are all good, sadly Wii games don't work(and i really did want Mario strikers charged!) Maybe an Xbox 360 stuff too.

Anything worth picking up? If I have lots of money near the end of the trip, I'll look into buying a white PSP...but its cheaper here(The black one). I'm going to 2 countries which use the euro(Germany and Austria) but then 2 which don't (Hungary and Czeck Republic)..if I can pick up anything in the non-Euro using countries, I'd like to, as I'm guessing they will be cheaper there.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Dagless
macrumors Core

It's very hard to find a good game shop in Europe, or at least through my experiences. The only time I spotted a game shop in Spain was an overpriced shop in Benidorm - it cost about £40 for Bomberman DS, it was £19 in the UK at the time.

I think your best bet is airports. Alicante has a lovely little game shop, picked up 2 NES Classics last time I was there.

As for prerelease games? No such luck, all I can think of is Mario Football.

*all this said - I haven't tried looking for games in Germany. I see a lot of German players on online games so they must have a few more shops than the rest of Europe*
Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:36 AM   #3
takao
macrumors 68040

Send a message via ICQ to takao
Anno 1701 came out for the DS i think that is currently europe only for 1-2 months
The Settlers 2 remake which is going to be released on 7 juli very likely the same

perhaps there are other games around (strategy games ?) but those 2 i can think of the top of my head who are also high profile games
Old Jun 24, 2007, 04:39 AM   #4
mfacey
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to mfacey
You can assume to be paying a lot more for stuff like games here in Europe than in the States. Remember that taxes are a lot higher in European countries for the most part (especially in Germany and Austria). I'd be very surprised if you find anything worth your while here in Europe...
Old Jun 24, 2007, 04:59 AM   #5
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Why do you think we all import if we can Zap

Seriously - prices are a con here.

In Ireland Wii games are Ä49.99 or $68
Xbox 360 game are average new price of Ä59.99 or $80
PS3 games are on average Ä64.99 or just under $90

Too expensive altogether. Spend your money on better things whilst your over - things you can't get in the States... like

Heritage and Culture
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 05:04 AM   #6
dingdongbubble
macrumors 6502a

Ol

Heritage and Culture [/QUOTE]

LOL nice one!
dingdongbubble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 05:59 AM   #7
Dagless
macrumors Core

Isn't Sim City DS only out here and Japan too? Sure I saw it in a shop here, yet theres no thread about it yet

A friend of mine got a 39-in-1 years ago and (collectively) it was the best game he had. Full of obscure Japanese games that you couldn't understand and minor hits like Tennis, Lode Runner, Flipull. I've seen plenty of them games in markets, Poland and Spain seem to be abundant in them.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games