Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Hi guys, I had to miss WWDC for the first time in years (damn you, full time job!). What interesting things did you find out about Leopard, Xcode, Obj-C/Cocoa additions, or other development tools?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Well NS____ is a great new addition, and Core____ will make everything so nice.

;) :)

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
I'm definitely looking forward to Objective-C 2.0 and I'm also interested in what new features there's in Xcode 3. Oh well, I can wait.... :( :cool:
in regards to objc2.0 there actually wasn't much at the couple sessions i went to that I didn't already know in general about from reading various blogs and mailing lists, like the big ones like garbage collection. I thought I was going to cream my pants (figuratively). :D

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
in regards to objc2.0 there actually wasn't much at the couple sessions i went to that I didn't already know in general about from reading various blogs and mailing lists, like the big ones like garbage collection.

I guess you didn't go to the advanced session on Objective-C 2.0 and the advanced session on GC - those were awesome :)

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
I guess you didn't go to the advanced session on Objective-C 2.0 and the advanced session on GC - those were awesome :)

not the former because i'm still an objc noob..and the latter i missed out on for the java session (which sucked...). i should have, but...well... :p

and i did say objc2.0 'in general'. :D

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
What a way to nuture the developer community - make it all NDA. Sometimes it seems they just wanna piss off the developers.

Unless you intend to develop specifically for 10.5 before it's release, having access is not going to help you all that much. If it works on 10.4, it should work on 10.5 as-is. Moving to 64-bit isn't a priority, and can be done after RTM. Those with ADC Online accounts will even get the WWDC sessions by the end of the year, most likely.

Those that feel making a 10.5-only release in the time-frame of Leopard's release is worth it are paying the money to get seed access to all of Apple's releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.