Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:50 AM   #1
The Viking
macrumors member

iPhone Purchasers: Salt Lake City, UT

Anyone from SLC? Will you be at AT&T or Apple?

Personally, I'll be heading up to the Apple Store, since I don't trust the kooks at the AT&T store I've dealt with.

I'll be up there at least a couple hours before launch.
The Viking is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:57 PM   #2
mduser63
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to mduser63
iPhone Purchasers: Salt Lake City, UT

With all the other local iPhone buyer threads, I thought I'd start one for Salt Lake. Who is going to be lining up to buy the iPhone on Saturday, and where? I'm pretty well set to try to buy one, and may see if I can get off work early. Haven't decided to go to the Gateway Apple Store or an AT&T store (there's one at the Gateway, and another one downtown too), yet.

Anyway, any other Salt Lake people going to be around for the iPhone launch?
mduser63 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:22 PM   #3
The Viking
macrumors member

I'll be at the Apple Store at The Gateway. Hopefully a couple hours ahead of time is early enough!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:41 PM   #4
mduser63
macrumors 68040

I think I can probably only get off work an hour early or so, so a long wait in line is probably not going to happen for me, but we'll see how things go anyway. The Gateway is probably the place to go with both Apple and AT&T stores there.
mduser63 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 08:47 PM   #5
The Viking
macrumors member

I hope that by the lack of activity here, it means I'm getting an iPhone! There were hundreds of people lined up for the opening, so that worries me a bit.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:56 AM   #6
mduser63
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
I hope that by the lack of activity here, it means I'm getting an iPhone! There were hundreds of people lined up for the opening, so that worries me a bit.
Yeah I never really think/thought of Salt Lake as having many Apple fans but there sure were plenty at the Apple Store opening so I have to figure there will be iPhone lines as well. I know there are several other members on here in Salt Lake. I think maybe things are moving so fast in the iPhone forum that threads are dropping of the first page really fast.
mduser63 is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 03:04 PM   #7
SirROM
macrumors member

I'll be there...

I'll be heading over to the Gateway after lunch as I have the day off already. I plan to bring a camp chair and a good paperback book to hold me over in case there isn't anyone else in line to talk to <grin>

Anyway, if you see me, come say hi and maybe we can even pass the time (as well as spell each other for potty breaks and food runs).

See ya Friday!
SirROM is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:57 PM   #8
mduser63
macrumors 68040

I'm trying to work out getting off work a little early, but I don't yet know if they're going to let me. I might try to send somebody to hold a spot for me earlier in the day. It looks like there are 5 relatively close AT&T Stores that will have the iPhone, so there are a couple more chances if I get to the Apple Store and the line looks too long.
mduser63 is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:06 PM   #9
mistabaka
macrumors member

I'll Be At the Gateway Apple Store around 1:30 or so (took half a day) Hopefully thats early enough if not i'll check the ATT store there or the one near my house. Hope to see some of you there!
mistabaka is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:57 AM   #10
tuter00
macrumors newbie

iphone: SLC

I'm going to head to a cingular owned store. I figure there will be more people that will head to the apple store sense it is branded by them. All i want to do is walk in and out of the cingular store with one in hand. And I figure less people will be there also.

We'll have to see.

-BRANDT
tuter00 is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 02:51 PM   #11
speedballs
macrumors member

I plan to be at one store or another for this thing. Though I'll probably wait for v2 to buy one. I like the 3g support in the SLC area.
I'm not sure if I should go out to the apple store and wait, or head to an ATT store and lose out on all the fun and hype...
Probably end up going to the apple store. It's just so pretty!
speedballs is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:36 PM   #12
mauldus
macrumors newbie

I think I'll try the Apple Store around lunch time and see how the numbers look. I'd rather have the experience there than at an ATT store. See you all there.
mauldus is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:36 AM   #13
slffl
macrumors 65816

Has anyone asked the Apple store how many they plan on having in stock?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:12 PM   #14
Sprockets
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduser63 View Post
I'm trying to work out getting off work a little early, but I don't yet know if they're going to let me. I might try to send somebody to hold a spot for me earlier in the day. It looks like there are 5 relatively close AT&T Stores that will have the iPhone, so there are a couple more chances if I get to the Apple Store and the line looks too long.

It was my understanding that only two AT&T stores along the Wasatch Front would have iPhones, the Gateway store, and one in Layton. I assumed the one on Main Street in SLC would have it too, but haven't confirmed. What other store locations do you know of that'll have it?

I've got to decide my plan tonight! If I pull the trigger, I'll probably hit the Apple Store, and try to get there around 4pm (at least the line should be in the shade!). If that looks too gnarly, I'll go for an AT&T store. I agree with others that the Apple Store would probably be the place to be, as far as "the experience" goes.

I really wonder how crazy it'll be? You never know!

*First post on MR!
Sprockets is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:25 PM   #15
mduser63
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockets View Post
It was my understanding that only two AT&T stores along the Wasatch Front would have iPhones, the Gateway store, and one in Layton. I assumed the one on Main Street in SLC would have it too, but haven't confirmed. What other store locations do you know of that'll have it?
I was going by the results given by AT&T's locator for stores selling iPhone: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-s...questid=280647.
mduser63 is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:18 PM   #16
gusapple
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to gusapple
iPhone

I am not personally buying an iPhone tomorrow, but I still think that it is cool that there are other people that are exited about it. I hope to buy one next year after MacWorld. If I was buying an iPhone, then the Apple Store would be my first choice. Apple rules!
gusapple is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:55 PM   #17
mduser63
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusapple View Post
I am not personally buying an iPhone tomorrow, but I still think that it is cool that there are other people that are exited about it. I hope to buy one next year after MacWorld. If I was buying an iPhone, then the Apple Store would be my first choice. Apple rules!
You should still drop by and check out the demo units and chat with the people in line if you want to. I'm going to go check things out at lunch, then go from there as far as my plans go. I'm starting to get the feeling that there will be plenty to go around, especially at the Apple Store. Afterall, while there were lots of people at the grand opening, that was free, this is $600 with a 2 yr contract.
mduser63 is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:56 AM   #18
tuter00
macrumors newbie

Quote:
You should still drop by and check out the demo units and chat with the people in line if you want to. I'm going to go check things out at lunch, then go from there as far as my plans go. I'm starting to get the feeling that there will be plenty to go around, especially at the Apple Store. Afterall, while there were lots of people at the grand opening, that was free, this is $600 with a 2 yr contract.
YET ITS BEEN ADVERTISED FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS! PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONTRACT JUST THAT ITS ONE OF THE HOTTEST PRODUCTS TO COME OUT IN A VERY LONG TIME!

tuter00 is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 01:28 AM   #19
mauldus
macrumors newbie

Oh man! My sympathies to the guys that showed up at the Gateway tonight and got booted. That sucks. Did y'all come back right after the mall closed or will you show up at 6am when the mall opens again?

Good luck. See everyone there.
mauldus is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 02:01 AM   #20
Sprockets
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I was going by the results given by AT&T's locator for stores selling iPhone: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-s...questid=280647.
Thank you for the quote. I'm sure the AT&T guy I talked to was... how's a nice way to put it?

I'm definitely going Apple Store, then AT&T if necessary*. I can't imagine EVERY AT&T store running out. Also, I would have bet money that the new huge Cingular/ATT store here in Bountiful/WX was corporate, but no, it's Spring Communications. Weird!

*If I do pull the trigger! Not much time to decide! I want to upgrade my RAZR to either a new RAZR or a Sony Ericsson or something, AND get an iPhone! It sounds like that is possible.
Sprockets is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 02:03 AM   #21
Sprockets
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauldus View Post
Oh man! My sympathies to the guys that showed up at the Gateway tonight and got booted...

Harsh! Was that on the news or something?

On that note, I was in the Apple Store about 2 weeks ago and Chris Vanocur from the news was in there getting a new MBP. Funny.
Sprockets is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 03:03 AM   #22
mauldus
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockets View Post
Harsh! Was that on the news or something?
No, I was there tonight checking out the line. The Apple employees filled me in.
mauldus is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 09:22 AM   #23
gusapple
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to gusapple
Quote:
Hey, thanks, but I have decided to get an iphone, problem is that I can't take time off of work, I just started yesterday. If anybody can help, please reply to this post. I have been saving up for Leopard, but because I got this job, I'm now able to save up for that and get the iPhone. Please! if anybody can help, please. Thank you soooooooo much! You guys know how it is, when you're an Apple fan, you can't miss something this big.
gusapple is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 09:28 AM   #24
slffl
macrumors 65816

Quote:
If you go by at lunch could you let us know how many people are in line? I'm trying not to take off work, but if there are 50+ people at lunch time, I may need too.

Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:20 AM   #25
mistabaka
macrumors member

I'm taking half a day at work and should be at the apple store (Gateway) at 1:30 or so. I hope thats early enough, if anyone is there or happens to walk buy please post how many people are in line! Also if anyone there has an extra macbook battery (to loan out) that would be awesome since i forgot to charge mine last night.
mistabaka is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups