Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:59 PM   #1
shimmer11
macrumors member

iPhone Purchasers: Milwaukee, WI

Anyone going to the new Bayshore Mall store for the opening or an iPhone?
shimmer11 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:04 PM   #2
applehero
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to applehero
I am going to be in the area, but am not from around there. Is is an Apple or at&t store that will be in the mall?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:22 PM   #3
shimmer11
macrumors member

The new store is an Apple store in the Bayshore Mall in Glendale WI. It should be pretty crazy with both things happening (opening and iPhone).
shimmer11 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:25 PM   #4
daveschroeder
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to daveschroeder Send a message via MSN to daveschroeder Send a message via Yahoo to daveschroeder
I'm definitely going to the Mayfair store. Since no one knows how big the lines are going to be, I'm planning on going probably around 8am, and just hanging out. With the way these things go, I'm expecting one of three things:

1. Me being the only person there at that time (unlikely)

2. A few other die hards also waiting (probably)

3. A huge amount of people waiting later in the day, but beating them by being there so early (hopefully)
daveschroeder is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:16 PM   #5
AppleFanboi

Send a message via AIM to AppleFanboi
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer11 View Post
Anyone going to the new Bayshore Mall store for the opening or an iPhone?

I will be at the Bayshore store. Think it'll be insane? I just want a free t-shirt with my phone-that-costs-the-same-as-a-pos-car.
AppleFanboi is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:24 PM   #6
itsbetteronamac
macrumors regular

I will be there as of Thursday most likely. Not sure when on thursday, it will mainly depend on the weather. I'd rather be at the begining of the line and wait forever, because once it opens it's going to be frickin' crazy. I just want to get in and out, even though I have a bunch of friends who are working there.

Anyone care to join?
Old Jun 29, 2007, 08:14 AM   #7
kerryn
macrumors regular

Bayshore

I walked over to the Bayshore store yesterday evening with my children (we live only minutes away) and I was surprised to find about 10 people already camping out with chairs/sleeping bags etc. This was at 7pm in the evening.

Of course the atmosphere was great because Bayshore has live music on Thursday evenings and last night's was pretty good blues/jazz.

I drove by the store this morning at and 6:50am the line has increased to about 20 people.

While I might have expected lines in cities like NY or LA I am really surprised that one is forming in Glendale! Still those that were camped out all seemed to be in the early 20s or late teens, which shocks me even more because when I was that age I could never have afforded a $600 phone or the minimum $1440 contract ($60/month minimum for 24 months) on a phone.

Guess I am an old fart these days being 36 and all...
kerryn is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 09:43 AM   #8
Superauto89
macrumors newbie

I'm here...

I'm in line as of right now at the bayshore apple store. maybe 50 or so people in line
Superauto89 is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Jerence
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Jerence
Question Mayfair / ATT observations?

I'm either going to get in line at Mayfair (most likely) or the ATT store on 124th & Capitol, or the one on Bluemound & Calhoun...

Anyone see any lines there already? I'm hoping to get there right after lunch.
Jerence is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 04:00 PM   #10
Jerence
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Jerence
Mayfair "line"

Just got back from Mayfair - the "line" is outside the mall, under the theater (the covered parking). Looks like they have enough space roped off for thousands of people...

...there are about 50 there as of 4 PM.

Going home for a bit - will get in line around 5ish. Doesn't seem like there will be much of a problem getting an iPhone here today.
Jerence is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:13 PM   #11
andmill
macrumors member

theres 135 people at bayshore now (official count)
not many are buying phones
andmill is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 11:13 PM   #12
kerryn
macrumors regular

Well I walked over to the store at about 7pm. It was busy and crowded but after having a quick look round I found it easy to find a demo iPhone to play with for about 15 minutes.

Its a very slick interface on the phone. Once you start to get to grips with how to control it I found it fairly easy to navigate. Typing was hit and miss at first but it got noticeably better once I tightened up my finger aiming.

While the iPhone was cool I would not buy one yet (even if I had the money which at the moment I do not). I'd be a little shy of a first generation product and I think it is over priced by at least a $100.

Hopefully by the time the 2nd gen iPhone comes out it will have gained its missing features (like taking video and 3G) and be cheaper....

I feel sorry for the people who camped out in line over night when I was able to walk in an hour after the store open and was immediately able to play and buy (if I had wanted) an iPhone. I also got the free T-shirt. Do they feel foolish now?
kerryn is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups