Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 11, 2003, 06:50 AM   #1
itboy2000
macrumors newbie

Question iSight Audio input + ohPhoneX

Hi all,

First post here, so play nice!

A question to iSight owners.

I want to use my iSight together with ohPhoneX, which is a H323 videoconferencing client for OSX (will work with Netmeeting/Gnomemeeting etc). This would dramatically extend the iSights functionality. Get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmeeting/

Now the video works fine, but the audio won't work for me at all, even though ohPhone recognises the iSight as an audio input, even though sound works just fine in iChat, QT Broadcaster and even the obscure Hack TV.

In my sound system preferences, OSX picks up the iSight as an audio input (my only one), but in settings beneath it says "No input devices were found". I'm wondering if this might be the root cause of my lack of audio in ohPhoneX?

I'd be interested to know if this is what everyone else's Sound prefs say too, or if there's something a bit weird with my setup?

This on 10.2.6 on a Quicksilver G4 tower.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

si xx
itboy2000 is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2003, 09:31 AM   #2
itboy2000
macrumors newbie

Well, for reference, this appears to be a bug on Quicksilver machines to a degree.

The "No input devices were found" appears to only happen on these machines which didn't have any sound ins out of the box.

If anyone finds a workaround it would be much appreciated!

Simon
itboy2000 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers