Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
" **EXCLUSIVE** 7.11.03 // 10:24:09 ET /// Secret Service just arrested a stowaway who made it onto the Bush press charter plane in Pretoria, South Africa this morning and flew unmolested to Entebbe, Uganda, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned... After getting on and off the 747 with absolutely no credentials, he boarded a bus with the rest of the White House press corps and was taken to the Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel on the shore of Lake Victoria -- the same hotel where Bush arrived 90 minutes later! MORE.... The White House staff noticed that no one seemed to know the guy, so they alerted Secret Service, who arrested him at the hotel. There was a lot of shouting from the guy as he was hustled off to jail. Secret Service Agent Mark Sullivan assured reporters the president was never in danger, although he didn't say whether the same held true for the press. After all, there are reports of Al Qaeda presence in Uganda. MORE... Man had no weapons, sources tell DRUDGE, and no passport. Man being charged by Ugandan authorities with illegal entry. He was nabbed after actually trying to enter the part of the hotel complex were the president was making his appearance... MORE... There was the usual contingent of three Secret Service agents on the press plane. Also, although authorities stopped this guy from getting into the Bush event, some uncredentialed journalists gained entry! DEVELOPING....

" ~ DrudgeReport.com

this is really creepy that it was so easy for a random guy to get that close tothe president, i bet if he played his cards a bit better he could have been at the press meeting

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Stowaway on Bush Press Plane

Originally posted by Kwyjibo

this is really creepy that it was so easy for a random guy to get that close tothe president, i bet if he played his cards a bit better he could have been at the press meeting

Ok, someone might lose their job over this. On an international trip you just don't let things like this happen.

I'll bet the rest of the trip everyone is on the edge.....

I wonder who this guy was?

D

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
in similar news i'm thinking of ending all of my posts in "developing" inspired by the drudge original stories developing...

tazo

macrumors 68040
Re: Stowaway on Bush Press Plane

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
" **EXCLUSIVE** 7.11.03 // 10:24:09 ET /// Secret Service just arrested a stowaway who made it onto the Bush press charter plane in Pretoria, South Africa this morning and flew unmolested to Entebbe, Uganda, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned... After getting on and off the 747 with absolutely no credentials, he boarded a bus with the rest of the White House press corps and was taken to the Imperial Botanical Beach Hotel on the shore of Lake Victoria -- the same hotel where Bush arrived 90 minutes later! MORE.... The White House staff noticed that no one seemed to know the guy, so they alerted Secret Service, who arrested him at the hotel. There was a lot of shouting from the guy as he was hustled off to jail. Secret Service Agent Mark Sullivan assured reporters the president was never in danger, although he didn't say whether the same held true for the press. After all, there are reports of Al Qaeda presence in Uganda. MORE... Man had no weapons, sources tell DRUDGE, and no passport. Man being charged by Ugandan authorities with illegal entry. He was nabbed after actually trying to enter the part of the hotel complex were the president was making his appearance... MORE... There was the usual contingent of three Secret Service agents on the press plane. Also, although authorities stopped this guy from getting into the Bush event, some uncredentialed journalists gained entry! DEVELOPING....

" ~ DrudgeReport.com

this is just really sad IMHO. I think the screte service needs to get their act together as a whole and start guarding the president, better. lol. stuff like this is unnacceptable and should not be tolerated.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Just a thought maybe they were running a test of presidential security. It seems that the test got out of hand. Some credit should be given that they stopped the incident prior to any harm to the president. Crashers are getting very sophisticated, remember the man at the royal birthday bash last month!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
wd: thats possible but i et the tests are kept internally :) especially if they go that poorly. i'm juust surprisede that with all te new money put into security and things like that they still can't handle it all that well

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
Hey wait ... :confused: :confused: where's the "developing..."? I like that, you should use it.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Originally posted by wdlove
Crashers are getting very sophisticated, remember the man at the royal birthday bash last month!
You are joking aren't you? That guy was dressed as Osama Bin Laden in a pink frock. Sophisticated???? He was seen by loads of people messing about in front of the castle and was told to sod off once by the local police. He came back and got in though and the guy was only stopped after he got on stage with Prince William, interrupted his speech, said some stuff then went to the bar! The security was awful it had nothing to do with sophistication.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by caveman_uk
You are joking aren't you? That guy was dressed as Osama Bin Laden in a pink frock. Sophisticated???? He was seen by loads of people messing about in front of the castle and was told to sod off once by the local police. He came back and got in though and the guy was only stopped after he got on stage with Prince William, interrupted his speech, said some stuff then went to the bar! The security was awful it had nothing to do with sophistication.

haha, royal family.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.