Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:27 AM   #1
G5Unit
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to G5Unit
iPhone Purchasers: Orange County, CA

Where will everyone be picking up their iPhone in Orange County? There are a hand full of Apple stores such as South Coast Plaza, Mission Viejo Mall, and Fashion Island. Yet I do not know the locations of the AT&T corporate stores.

Brea Mall
Irvine Spectrum
Fashion Island
Mission Viejo Mall
South Coast Plaza

I am not here to do what has already been done!

Last edited by G5Unit; Jun 26, 2007 at 01:54 AM.
G5Unit is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:49 AM   #2
TheAnswer
macrumors 68030

There are also Apple Stores in Brea and at the Irvine Spectrum. If I remember right, those sites were mentioned often in the Southern California thread.

I think people are avoiding Fashion Island because they figure it's gonna be a spoiled rich-kid soirée and South Coast is usually packed, even without the iPhone launch.
TheAnswer is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:22 PM   #3
JTPRO
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to JTPRO
I am still torn between the Apple Store at the Irvine Spectrum or the one at South Coast Plaza. Anyone else going to either one of these?

-JT
JTPRO is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:15 PM   #4
G5Unit
macrumors 68020

How about the AT&T stores? And when I am on their website, the ones that pops up on the google maps, are those corporate?

G5Unit is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:25 PM   #5
nicoritschel
macrumors regular

Yannik, hit up mission viejo for sure!
Think about it, it doesn't open till 10, so no overnight campers, and air conditioning.
nicoritschel is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:16 PM   #6
G5Unit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoritschel View Post
Yannik, hit up mission viejo for sure!
Think about it, it doesn't open till 10, so no overnight campers, and air conditioning.
Haha don't use my real name on the internet, there are only like 5 of me in the world.

G5Unit is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:45 PM   #7
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
i'm going to the brea mall! no work friday = new iphone?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:06 AM   #8
B-Ri
macrumors member

are only apple stores getting them in our area? I was just planning on going to the cingular store here in aliso viejo, and the att site store locator no longer works.
B-Ri is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:58 AM   #9
Nagooya
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
There are also Apple Stores in Brea and at the Irvine Spectrum. If I remember right, those sites were mentioned often in the Southern California thread.

I think people are avoiding Fashion Island because they figure it's gonna be a spoiled rich-kid soirée and South Coast is usually packed, even without the iPhone launch.
I have a feeling Spectrum may have some spoiled rich kids aswell...
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:02 AM   #10
B-Ri
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagooya View Post
personally i dont think rich spoiled kids have the patients to go super early and camp out or go WAY EARLY for this phone, thats usually to the hardcore and the ebay sellers.

that is unless they hire someone to wait.
B-Ri is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:04 AM   #11
TheAnswer
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Some...but probably not nearly the amount of trust fund kids that Fashion Island will have. Plus the Spectrum has a higher profile in the rest of OC, so there will be people from all over going to the Spectrum. Fashion Island is probably gonna just be people from that side of Irvine, Newport and Laguna Beach.
TheAnswer is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:19 AM   #12
Nagooya
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Some...but probably not nearly the amount of trust fund kids that Fashion Island will have. Plus the Spectrum has a higher profile in the rest of OC, so there will be people from all over going to the Spectrum. Fashion Island is probably gonna just be people from that side of Irvine, Newport and Laguna Beach.
That side of Irvine...referring to Shady Canyon?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 02:49 AM   #13
TheAnswer
macrumors 68030

Quote:
That side of Irvine...referring to Shady Canyon?
I meant that people near UCI/Turtle Rock or at work off of Jamboree might go to Fascist Island, while the Spectrum will probably safely get everyone on it's side of Jeffery or up north of the 5. The Shady Canyon crowd might be split between Fascist Island and the Spectrum. The people in Woodbridge and Westpark can probably choose whichever store they want store...Fashion Island, South Coast or the Spectrum...it's not a location thing for them, just a strategy game.

And Shady Canyon is not that many people compared to Newport, either.

That said...I'll probably drop by Fascist Island, if only so I can give each of the teenage girls in line there a tic-tac and listen to them all talk about how they need to throw up because they've never eaten so much their whole lives.
TheAnswer is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:32 AM   #14
Nagooya
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I meant that people near UCI/Turtle Rock or at work off of Jamboree might go to Fascist Island, while the Spectrum will probably safely get everyone on it's side of Jeffery or up north of the 5. The Shady Canyon crowd might be split between Fascist Island and the Spectrum. The people in Woodbridge and Westpark can probably choose whichever store they want store...Fashion Island, South Coast or the Spectrum...it's not a location thing for them, just a strategy game.

And Shady Canyon is not that many people compared to Newport, either.

That said...I'll probably drop by Fascist Island, if only so I can give each of the teenage girls in line there a tic-tac and listen to them all talk about how they need to throw up because they've never eaten so much their whole lives.
Hahahaha! So true about Fascist Island, but Shady Canyon people aren't as stuck up as Newport People. I find that funny.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:08 PM   #15
dashiel
macrumors 6502a

guys, this is south orange county and we're talking about a $500-$600 phone. anyone at an apple store on friday, including me, a rich kid, the spoiled part is debatable. for fifteen percent of americans the cost of an iphone is one-third of their monthly income.

having said that...

i wouldn't show up to the spectrum after 6pm on a friday, my god that place is full of little hoodlums and prosti-tots running around like some temporary, suburban, lord of the flies.

fascist island is usually less crowded and seems to attract an older crowd. i went there for tiger or panther, can't remember which.

the shops at mission viejo is always packed, but there's an at&t store across the street (interesting note, the average income of shoppers at mission viejo is higher than any other mall in south oc.)

having said that... i doubt there's a need for a line. i can't remember the last time an apple consumer product was sold out. personally i think i'm going to hit the store at 6/7 grab my phone set it up outside with my ancient laptop then grab dinner at roy's or gulfstream.
dashiel is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 02:41 AM   #16
G5Unit
macrumors 68020

So looks like I'll head down around 9 am to Mission Viejo mall, someone mentioned there was an AT&T store nearby?

G5Unit is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 02:48 AM   #17
TheAnswer
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5Unit View Post
So looks like I'll head down around 9 am to Mission Viejo mall, someone mentioned there was an AT&T store nearby?
Yeah...I think it's in that shopping center across the street...here's the info the AT&T store finder turned up:
Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 1307
Size:  19.0 KB
TheAnswer is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 03:04 AM   #18
G5Unit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yeah...I think it's in that shopping center across the street...here's the info the AT&T store finder turned up:
Attachment 77804
That will be my fall back haha.

G5Unit is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 03:21 AM   #19
thejedipunk
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to thejedipunk Send a message via Skype™ to thejedipunk
I'll hit up the Spectrum, since it's obviously closer to mien house. Like I said in the So.Cal thread, I'm not picking one up. I'm going for ***** and giggles. Maybe meet some cool people too?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 04:25 AM   #20
B-Ri
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5Unit View Post
hrm, i wanna head to the mission mall too, but i was also thinking of hitting an ATT store by my house, i dunno which to choose. Id be less worried about getting one at applel, but id want an 8gig not a 4, and im sure id get one at ATT, but it would involve sitting outside the store under the sun the entire time. lets play savsies? hahaha.
B-Ri is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:37 PM   #21
iFrankie
macrumors member

Check out the following link.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1747651.php

FTA: The Irvine Co. is allowing people to spend the night at the Spectrum Center if they are in line at the Apple Store, spokesman Bill Rams said. South Coast Plaza, the Brea Mall and Fashion Island are not allowing people to line up until 5 a.m. Friday.
iFrankie is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:24 PM   #22
B-Ri
macrumors member

whos acctually going to get a phone, i wanna be able to camp out the phone with someone else should one have to go make a run, or one cant make it that early, or one has to leave in the middle of it, or something. Irvine Mission Laguna area.
B-Ri is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 01:52 AM   #23
iFrankie
macrumors member

I went by the Spectrum tonight. There were about 20 people in line already.

Looked like a good crowd and should be fun.
iFrankie is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 09:05 AM   #24
JTPRO
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to JTPRO
South Coast Plaza Apple Store

In line at South Coast Plaza... probably about 40 or so people here so far.... Anyone else here?

-JT
JTPRO is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 11:01 AM   #25
waltchan
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPRO View Post
In line at South Coast Plaza... probably about 40 or so people here so far.... Anyone else here?

-JT
Now about 60. I'm at the end of the green fence bar.
waltchan is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups