iPhone Purchasers: Youngstown, OH - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:21 PM   #1
junebug1
macrumors regular

iPhone Purchasers: Youngstown, OH

anyone?
junebug1 is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:06 PM   #2
endlsdremr
macrumors newbie

What time?

I will be there with bells on. What time are you lining up? Thurs night or Fri? I am so excited! I will probably pack sandwiches and drinks Thurs and go out Fri afternoon... Took off of work for it. Also, I have a list of friends I am hoping to recruit to stop by every now and again and to bring me food or keep me company. Lol. What's your plan?
endlsdremr is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:33 AM   #3
junebug1
macrumors regular

I'm not sure when I'll be lining up. It all depends on if there is actually a line formed. I was hoping the Southern Park Mall would carry it as well (the rep there told me they were) but the AT&T map doesn't list it as a carrier of the iPhone. I'm hoping not to have to line up til sometime Friday afternoon but if there are people there Thursday night then I'll go then. We should definitely meetup at some point. Stay in touch!
junebug1 is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:03 PM   #4
butlertd
macrumors newbie

Woohoo!

I'm from Sharpsville, PA (around Sharon and Hermitage), and it seems the nearest store to me is the one on Youngstown Warren Road in Niles, so that's where I'll be headed.

I was planning on going around noon, but I'd obviously be willing to go earlier if it's going to be necessary. Realistically, how many people in this area are going to be after iPhones... It's not an easy question to answer.

I'd be happy to meet anyone there to shoot the breeze and help the time pass while we're eagerly, eagerly waiting.
butlertd is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 02:43 PM   #5
junebug1
macrumors regular

Damn I'll actually be going to the one in Boardman on Boardman Canfield Road (224) Personally I think there will be more people at the Niles store than Boardman but that is just a guess based on the fact that many people like yourself in Western PA will be traveling there along with all the locals too. I'm still trying to find out how many the local stores will be receiving cause if its under 100 than they are going to be tough to come by.
junebug1 is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:49 PM   #6
butlertd
macrumors newbie

Boardman, eh?

With those things in mind, going to the Boardman store does sound like a good idea. It's only about 5 miles further.

What time are you planning to arrive?
butlertd is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:19 PM   #7
endlsdremr
macrumors newbie

iPhone day morning?

Not sure when I'll be lining up. It depends if there is a line. I went to the store tonight and talked to some reps.. AT&T has already hired off-duty Boardman police officers for security in the store. Also, they will be patrolling at night around the store.

Did you hear that Apple stores are having employees sleep in their stores? I asked AT&T, and they are not sleeping in the stores.

I hear it is going to rain.. so- maybe "iPhone day" afternoon or morning? Depends. Are you guys bringing laptops to sync your iphone as soon as you get it? It would suck to have to wait until the 45 min (to Sharon, right?) drive home to use the phone.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:38 PM   #8
butlertd
macrumors newbie

Okay. Okay. I'm going to Boardman. I'm still not sure what time, but maybe around noon. Depends what I read about availability in the next few days.

I wasn't really planning on taking my laptop, but now that you mention it, it really does sound like a tempting idea. Thinking about it, I'm sure I'll be bringing it, but I'm not sure if I'll do the activation in the store or at home.

I do need to get back to Sharon for Small Ships Revue, after all.
butlertd is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:09 PM   #9
Kenn Marks
macrumors member

Bringing a Laptop!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlertd View Post
Okay. Okay. I'm going to Boardman. I'm still not sure what time, but maybe around noon. Depends what I read about availability in the next few days.

I wasn't really planning on taking my laptop, but now that you mention it, it really does sound like a tempting idea. Thinking about it, I'm sure I'll be bringing it, but I'm not sure if I'll do the activation in the store or at home.

I do need to get back to Sharon for Small Ships Revue, after all.
Sorry I will not be back in Austintown for the big Day but I just visited a AT&T store in the Philadelphia Area and they said they are limiting people in the store at one time and that they will not allow you to open your iPhone inside the store. As for using your laptop to activate your iPhone the Wifi they have at the AT&T store is locked down so you will not be able to access their network to do the activation, but if you have a Cingular Broadband card for your laptop you'll be able to connect thru AT&T's 3G network (last test in Austintown avg 287kbs download and 226kbs upload - faster than ISDN) Hopefully you'll be able to prove me right in saying that the iPhone will do 3G before I get back to Austintown. You are on the fringe of the Cleveland Akron 3G area, east of you all the way to Harrisburg is 2G only. Check out the 3G Map on AT&T's site.
Kenn Marks is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 05:28 AM   #10
endlsdremr
macrumors newbie

3 G

Personally, I don't think it is going to do 3G upon release. I am not against it, just am not that much of a dreamer... Not only has Apple denied the rumor, but none of the 'testers' have even whispered that it could do 3G. We are stuck with the EDGE and WiFi, dude. But I can't wait to be stuck with 'em and complain that I have an iPhone and why doesn't it have 3G- Lol!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 06:24 AM   #11
endlsdremr
macrumors newbie

iPhone day recap...

So, I had a horrible experience with my iPhone.
It is 7:30 am on Saturday. Yes, I have an iPhone, but no, it is not working. Read all about it on the Thread I posted in

>iPhone >"My iPhone nightmare. A $700 paperweight." (or click on my name and go to my list of posts)

Pictures of the Youngstown iPhone event will be posted online... (not sure where right now, will update this post later)

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups