Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Multimedia
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Multimedia Send a message via Yahoo to Multimedia Send a message via Skype™ to Multimedia
iPhone Purchasers: Santa Cruz CA

We've got two stores in Santa Cruz County that will have the iPhone for sale Friday evening. One in Capitola Mall's AT&T Store and one in the Watsonville AT&T Store across from Staples on the Main road in from HWY 17. Anyone else here from Santa Cruz County?
Multimedia is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:12 PM   #2
cdinca
macrumors 6502

I'll be there! Didn't even think about the Watsonville one...I'm in soquel so...cap mall's alot easier. I'm old(35), so I have this fear that a bunch of 18yos will pull a "playstation 3" on me and form a huge line that wraps out the door all the way around mervins...hope that is just paranoia
cdinca is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:24 PM   #3
superg
macrumors newbie

Me too!

I'll be there at the capitola mall also. What time is everyone going to start waiting?
superg is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:33 PM   #4
cdinca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by superg View Post
I'll be there at the capitola mall also. What time is everyone going to start waiting?
I was hoping 5:45 or 5:50 ;>

Seriously though...I don't want to be the only dork there at 4:00...but I also don't want to feel like an ass because I showed up an hour late.

I'll probably start wandering around at 4, and if I see a line start to form, I'll jump in. If there is already a huge line at 4, I'm F'd. I can't wait in any line for more than 2 hours.
cdinca is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:36 PM   #5
superg
macrumors newbie

i just dont want to get screwed like i did for the wii. i went by toys r us a couple of hours before they went on sale and it was a mad house. im taking the day off work so ill probably cruise by when the store opens and check it out. i too don't want to be the only loser in line, but i want to get one. anyone know how many the cap mall store is getting?
superg is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:04 PM   #6
cdinca
macrumors 6502

OK...I've got a plan!

I'm going to hire a guy from the parking lot where they are building the new home depot. He can wait in line from 1:00 until 5:45, then I'll come in for the glory shot. You think people would stab me?
cdinca is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:04 PM   #7
superg
macrumors newbie

hahah, i doubt that iphone users are the stabbing type, but who knows? remember those people who got shot in the ps3 lines? anything could happen!
superg is offline   0
Old Jun 29, 2007, 11:51 AM   #8
Multimedia
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Multimedia Send a message via Yahoo to Multimedia Send a message via Skype™ to Multimedia
So That Makes 3 People In All Of Santa Cruz County? Wow! I'm Going To Palo Alto.

Well I guess if there's only 3 of us, I'm gonna drive over to Palo Also this morning and hang out there all day and the downtown Apple Store. By the way, I'm not buying one - only watching and videotaping everyone who is.

I'm wondering if Arn would provide us with an email address so I could send telephone videos he could post of live activity from each store where MacRumors reporters are based?
Multimedia is offline   0
Old Jun 30, 2007, 02:49 AM   #9
superg
macrumors newbie

thwre ended up being aeound 75 to 100 ofus out there. It was fun!
superg is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups