Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Man I remember those things! I think my best friend even had a Garbage Pail Kids themed birthday party one year

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
After a quick ebay search I realized that those things are worth some money :), I have a big stack that used to be my brothers I can probably sell... I just need to figure out what series they are.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Re: Garbage Pail Kids To Make A Comeback

Originally posted by eyelikeart
So I'm pretty damned excited about this! I had a huge collection as a kid, and somehow they all got lost during a move.

Got lost? your parents took the chance I would say.

I saw one of them not too long ago and they were really heavy for an 80's stuff. I wouldn't recomend the return of such thing.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
What are these things, I have never heard of them and I spent some time in the US in the 80s? Are they like the furbies (without the tec)?

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by hvfsl
What are these things, I have never heard of them and I spent some time in the US in the 80s? Are they like the furbies (without the tec)?

no no, low tech, they were cards, er well stickers. Low brow humour aimed at the cabbage patch kids phenom, I collected them as a kid, wish I still had them, come to think of it they have to be somewhere.....

Attachments

• imge2.jpg
    imge2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 419

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Oh my god.

I've seen those so many times and not known what they really are, I don't think I'll go near them this time though...

Das

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
I remember bartering for the very first edition first card with the baby from the first set in mint condition. Then I promptly stuck it to my folder...crapple... Anyhoo, I just loved making those big arsed puzzles from the backs. I also remember M.U.S.C.L.E., those tubular flesh toned toys, which have made a comeback to become Ultimate Muscle. Really, I’m one Monsters In My Pocket Reunion away from an 80’s relapse, mullet and all.

The movie was an absolutely horrible piece of 80's trivia...wonder if they sell it on DVD...

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
OMFG, it is available on DVD!!!

Still not gonna buy it. After reading a few reviews about it, it's all suddenly coming back to be. Damn photographic memory. REPRESS, REPRESS!

Gawd, that movie was awful.

Jerry Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2002
Historic St. Charles
I'll add those cards to one more thing I shouldn't have let my mother throw out along with my transformers and GI Joe's and Star Wars stuff. (I'm remembering I had the original Millenium Falcon. It was SO cool...and now it's gone:( )

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I do believe mine were lost. I know my mom wouldn't have thrown them away. Things weren't so easy back then, and she knew how much of a freak about them I was. ;)

The movie was terrible though.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Ha sweet... man people thought those things were so bad, like they'd corrupt you or something. Now they're coming back again. Hehe.. I suppose if America is welcoming the Oz man into their living rooms, Garbage Pail Kids ain't so bad. I might have some of those around somewhere. I'll have to go bug my parents, not that they'll let me get away without taking all my childhood crap I left with them. Now if only I'd left my 'droid factory in the box.......:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.