Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oogje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
Here are a few pictures (courtesy of ike) of the New York SoHo store taken around 1:30am Thursday.

As mentioned in another post, Rolling Stone has video/interviews with some of these people - but not Cocoon-Person.

IMG00040.jpg

IMG00041.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

TenaciousPZ

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2007
stupid ass people.

i'm going to walk in the door and buy one at my local store on friday with no problem. these people need lives....badly.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
stupid ass people.

I have no interest in the iPhone (or any cell phone), but I can see how people get totally swept up in the hysteria surrounding the release of new products. Better anyone else camping out on NYC streets than me. Good luck to those tolerating such conditions and, hopefully, it will all have been worth your personal sacrifice.

lilnyc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
stupid ass people.

i'm going to walk in the door and buy one at my local store on friday with no problem. these people need lives....badly.

Y'know, while the experience may be fun for enthusiasts, they look pathetic out there in bad weather just for a gadget. Even my own point of view has changed because there are other important things in life.

iwork4ispot

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
stupid ass people.

yeah that. I mean it's an iPhone at the end of the day its a phone like any other phone make and receive calls. Waiting in line in the RAIN? STUPIDNESS

BAD :apple:

MacPanda

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
wow i love that store takes me back to when i was on holiday in soho a while ago - such a cultured and lovely part of new york - i wish i could just be there now. :apple:

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Thats ridiculous! Its a PHONE!!! be it a nice phone. so What if you get it a few days later.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
Seriously.
Getting a life, anyone?

You'll just be able to walk in and buy it, for cryin' out loud!
And if one store should unexpectedly really run out, oh well, buy it at the next store down the street, or venture to do the unthinkable -- wait for a day. Not a reason to commit suicide. As someone else said... it's just a phone.

If you don't have more important things to do in your life, you might use those 40 hrs you're standing in line to think of some!

joelk

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
well i wouldn't do it but whatever. i applaud eccentricity and not listening to your better senses. good for them.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Not really nothing wrong with waiting. Some people live for the moment you know.

I'm not sure I'd call sleeping rough for 2 days to get a phone "living for the moment". Maybe if they were sneaking into the store in ninja outfits, stealing one, and leaving a calling card they'd be living for the moment.

Living for some moment in the future (6pm on June 29th) isn't living in the moment. ;)

I have to say, I'm not sure I'd be too keen on them being there if I was the owner/manager of a nearby store. Lots of smelly people outside, blocking the footpath.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I don't get why so many of you are so angry about these people. So it's not for you (and not for me, either). Big deal. Literally billions of people around the world do things I wouldn't do every single day, for what I often think are stupid reasons. So what? Doesn't hurt me - and these people camping outside apple stores don't hurt you. Calm down, live, and let live.

antpod

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Damn. Why you guys being hella jerks. I mean saying they have no lifes. They probably are with their friends waiting and just hanging out anyways. When I waited for 360 one night I had all my friends come, drinks, and music while waitin so we basically just through a party.

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
lets face it we are all materialistic, but this is just a bit overboard. and no matter what it comes to the 600 price tag just isn't worth it right now. my treo can do the same things. granted the web browser sux and isn't all that great but it does what it needs to for me. that and using my laptop i can get on the internet anywhere i need to and that is a nice thing to have. granted slow, but still a nice thing to have.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Kick and run! Kick and run! Everybody kick and run!

Seriously... it was introduced 6 months ago. If you don't get one Friday, is it going to kill anyone to wait another week?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I can't wait for Friday. Maybe in a couple weeks Apple can actually get back to bringing out newer computers again. In case you missed it, here is what Apple has given us year to date:

Jan:
iPhone announced
:apple:tv announced
Airport Extreme announced

Feb:
Colored Shuffles
Airport Extreme shipping

Mar:
:apple:tv shipping

Apr:
Leopard delayed
8-Core Mac Pros

May:
MacBook speed bumps
:apple:tv 2nd HDD option
iTunes Plus

Jun:
MacBook Pro Santa Rosa & LED
Leopard re-preview
Safari for Windows
YouTube for :apple:tv

and of course, tomorrow, the
iPhone

added to that more media craze and speculation about the iPhone than anything else, followed a distant second by a couple weeks of news almost solely about SEC investigations and allegations.

So unless you want to count the 8-core Mac Pros as a revision (please don't count display price drops too), and the measily MacBook speed bump, we have seen one computer related update this year: Santa Rosa based MacBook Pros. Thass it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.