Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 13, 2003, 01:03 PM   #1
jbrown
macrumors 6502a

Non-Airport wireless cards....

heres the deal...I have bought an Airway pcmcia card for my girlfriends Powerbook G3 400.. hoping to hook up to my Airport Extreme base station setup - to surf the web and print wirelessly - when I bought it I was given this link to download a driver - which I did. I tried to follow the setup instructions - but fell at the network configure system stage - couldn't find an ' Ethernet (en1 ) setting...
for what it's worth it is a Prism1 chipset ( I don't know much about this stuff!!) - this should be the same as D-Link//Belekin cards-------any thoughts/help to get it running much appreciated!!
jbrown is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2003, 07:23 AM   #2
Waragainstsleep
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Waragainstsleep Send a message via MSN to Waragainstsleep Send a message via Skype™ to Waragainstsleep
Airway/wireless cards

You can download a driver that will work with a wide range of 3rd party wireless cards for OS 9/X at [www.macsense.com].
This works fine with my Lombard 333MHz running OS X.2.8 (I haven't tried it OS 9 yet.
I am also using the Airway 11Mbps PCMCIA card.

I assume the driver you have is the one from sourceforge or whatever they are called.
This would not work on my machine either.
The macsense driver also supports ad- hoc wireless connection, which the other one does not.
Waragainstsleep is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers