Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjandnw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
South Jersey
iPhone Premieres This Friday Night at Apple Retail Stores
Free Workshops, Genius Bar Support and One to One Personal Training
CUPERTINO, California—June 28, 2007—Apple’s revolutionary iPhone™ will go on sale this Friday, June 29 at 6:00 p.m. local time at Apple® retail stores nationwide. All 164 Apple retail stores in the US will stay open until midnight, and customers can purchase up to two iPhones on a first come, first served basis. Beginning Saturday morning, iPhone owners can learn how to get the most out of their new iPhone with free, in-depth workshops offered throughout the day at all Apple retail stores. Every Apple retail store will offer free support for iPhone at the Genius Bar and personal training through Apple’s new One to One program.

“Apple retail stores were created for this moment—to let customers touch and experience a revolutionary new product,” said Ron Johnson, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail. “With our legendary Genius Bar support, free workshops and our One to One personal training, we’re here to help customers get the most from their new iPhone.”

iPhone introduces an entirely new user interface based on a revolutionary multi-touch display and pioneering new software that allows users to control iPhone with just a tap, flick or pinch of their fingers. iPhone combines three products into one small and lightweight handheld device—a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod®, and the Internet in your pocket with best-ever applications on a mobile phone for email, web browsing and maps. iPhone ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, which completely redefines what users can do on their mobile phones.

Pricing and Availability
iPhone goes on sale in the US on June 29, 2007 at 6:00 p.m. local time through Apple’s retail stores and AT&T’s select retail stores. Apple’s online store will be taking orders for iPhone beginning at 6:00 p.m. PDT. iPhone will be available in a 4GB model for $499 (US) and an 8GB model for $599 (US), and will work with either a PC or Mac®. Beginning June 30 and continuing through the summer, Apple Stores in the US will open early at 9:00 a.m. for iPhone sales. Customers can check iPhone availability at their local Apple retail store starting at 9:00 p.m. the night before at http://www.apple.com/retail.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and will enter the mobile phone market this year with its revolutionary iPhone.

Press Contacts:
Steve Dowling
Apple
dowling@apple.com
(408) 974-1896

http://www.apple.com/iphone/pr/20070628iphone.html

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
2 per customer at Apple, 1 per customer at AT&T. makes me think Apple stores will have a significantly larger supply of phones then AT&T stores will (although there are 10x as many AT&T stores).

thanks for the info.

traderx1

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007
New Apple Press Release: Launch day, workshops, summer and more.

this was just posted on Apple Website

iPhone Premieres Friday Night at Apple Retail Stores

This Friday, June 29, at 6:00 pm local time, the revolutionary iPhone goes on sale at the 164 Apple retail stores nationwide, all of which will stay open until midnight. Customers can purchase up to two iPhones on a first-come, first-served basis. Beginning Saturday morning, all Apple retail stores will offer free, in-depth workshops, so customers can learn how to get the most out of their new iPhones. They’ll also have access to free iPhone support at the Genius Bar and personal training through Apple’s new One to One program.

Also just found this on apple website, so you check the availability of iphones in Apple Store "only" for the following day. Although it does not give you a number...check it out http://www.apple.com/retail/

so 2 phones can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on where you stand in line...good luck to all

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Silver lining is perhaps they think they have ample inventory to quell riots. If I was next in line and the choad in front of me got the last two, I'd consider setting the building on fire.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
New Apple Press Release: Launch day, workshops, summer and more.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/28iphone.html

* All 164 Apple retail stores will be close at 2pm and reopen at 6pm until midnight on the 29th.
* 2 iPhone's per person max.
* First come first serve basis.
* Free iPhone training workshops will begin Saturday morning at all Apple retail stores.
* Apple's online store will also begin taking orders at 6pm PDT on the 29th. Free shipping.
* So you don't get caught out making a disappointing trip, Apple is also providing an on-line tool* to check the iPhone availability at your local Apple store. Good thing, we think you're going to need it.

PR says Stores open at 9AM for the Summer for iPhone sales. They sound confident that they'll have enough. I think they will too.

*The online tool.

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
so here's a good question...

What happens if all the stores around me sell out - Are they going to be getting continuous shipments or is this a Wii type thing where they will only ship a very small number like once every 2 weeks?

I know I'm probably just paranoid since I'm basing my decisions off of a Mac Fan site but I think it's still a useful question.

smj

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2007
Open till midnight means that they plan to have a lot!!!!

Think about it, if you only had 100 at a store, how long would that take, 2 hours or so in transaction time?

Also so on the Today Show someone from Apple said that they doubt they will sell out, plenty of inventory.

Anyone record it and post to youtube?

junker

macrumors 6502
Silver lining is perhaps they think they have ample inventory to quell riots. If I was next in line and the choad in front of me got the last two, I'd consider setting the building on fire.

ROFL!!! Whew!!

- If I were standing behind YOU when you did this....I think I would be fanning the flames!!

Not really, but this one of the funniest posts I've read in Macrumors in along time!!! The visuals of this event are like a Monty Python skit for me - Tears of laughter still flowing.... whew!

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
What?! Buy one, get one free at Apple?! LOL

I wonder if some douche will get two at the Apple store, then run over to AT&T to get the third...

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
I wonder if some douche will get two at the Apple store, then run over to AT&T to get the third...

Undoubtedly...

Or on to the next Apple store for two more...

Open until midnight - outstanding!!! Yes, this means they are full to the gills with iPhones.

Just imagine the back room. When the FedEx guy arrives on Friday, the entire inventory space will be FULL! There will be no room left, no isle to walk down. If you want to buy an MBP, they'll say something like OK, come back in an hour, we should be able to get to them by then.

jubjub

macrumors member
May 11, 2005
Sweden
This is going to be interesting.. Apple really need to sell a boat load of iPhones tomorrow, and over the weekend, to meet the expectations they have built up.

Gimme 3G and I'm there to.. in december of course.

s10

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2002
Los Angeles
nooooooo!

Now I have to buy 2 iPhones! One for me and one for my loved one... but how to tell them apart?
Life is horribly difficult!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.