Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:04 PM   #1
phayes213
macrumors newbie

Macbook wont Boot/Eject DVD-r

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to the whole Mac world, (just bought my first Mac Book) and have loved it, until today that is.

I was in the middle of burning a Dvd-r, when my mac book said it had to restart, although it didn't say why, I did it.

When it tried to boot after being restarted, it took me to a gray screen, at which point I held down the option key, but nothing happened.

I believe it will not boot because it is trying to read the disc and can't, I would just eject the disc but I can't , and yes i've tried holding the eject key, command E, turning it so the disc drive is facing down and hitting eject and I even tried to boot in safe mode, none of the above has worked. My Macbook is brand new, under 2 weeks old, and I'm at a loss as far as ideas to fix my problem.

Any help is appreciated,, Thanks Guys and Gals

Preston
Old Jun 28, 2007, 01:09 PM   #2
phayes213
macrumors newbie

I also tried holding down the trackpad/eject buttons while booting but that also did not work. I even tried turning my macbook so the disc drive was facing down and holding the trackpad/eject buttons
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:17 AM   #3
Membrain
macrumors member

Back to the store

I had a similair problem with the first MBP I got. i was installing windows after running bootcamp. I was impatient and force shutdown the machine in the middle of the install. When I restarted I just got the grey screen no matter what, tried all the key combinations you listed and then some - no joy. Rang apple help and ran through the list again and eventually got told to take it into a service centre.
Guy in the service centre told me they would have to physically remove the disk after opening the machine and I would be charged for it as there is no warranty on bootcamp (being beta) and it was a burnt disk.
I was sending back that laptop anyway due to another fault so I didn't worry about it, just sent it back with the disk in the drive.
Give apple a call, your machine is still under warranty. Get some sort of case number from the person that answers your call and try to get a committment to fix the problem under warranty. Oh, and if the person on the phone talks about the magic machine that the service centre has to remove stuck disks - it doesn't exist, it's a manual process.
Membrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:06 PM   #4
imnogenuis
macrumors newbie

hold down D to run HW test

On intel Macs if it is the Mac OSX disk that is stuck in your drive, then you can hold down the D key during boot. This should start the hardware test which is run off the Mac OSX install disk.

Run the test and when it ends, click the "reboot" button. The disk should be ejected at that point.
imnogenuis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro