Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
I'm really considering getting the SE T610 since its now available, but here's my question. I know it has great iSync support, but all of the available picture and sound editors are for PCs. Is it still possible to upload new screensavers and themes and rings via bluetooth on a mac? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I'm hoping.

Anyways, anyone who has one, is the reception good? :) Tx

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Re: SE T610 Mac question

Originally posted by ZildjianKX
I'm really considering getting the SE T610 since its now available, but here's my question. I know it has great iSync support, but all of the available picture and sound editors are for PCs. Is it still possible to upload new screensavers and themes and rings via bluetooth on a mac? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I'm hoping.

Anyways, anyone who has one, is the reception good? :) Tx

Hey ZildjianKX,

It works great!Dont worry with that. It will work instantly. True that you cant edit stuff, but you can upload and download anything you want. You'll use Bluetooth File Exchange (Its on your Utilities folder). Use this site to find some good stuff for your T610 http://www.myt610.com/

I hope that you enjoy your new T610!

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
Re: Re: SE T610 Mac question

Originally posted by Tiauguinho
Hey ZildjianKX,

It works great!Dont worry with that. It will work instantly. True that you cant edit stuff, but you can upload and download anything you want. You'll use Bluetooth File Exchange (Its on your Utilities folder). Use this site to find some good stuff for your T610 http://www.myt610.com/

I hope that you enjoy your new T610!

Hey thanks :) How ya like the phone overall? Do you think $250 is too bad for it with a 1 yr service plan? Tx!

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Well, I was always a nokia user. I was affraid of not getting used to the menus on the SE and some other stuff. But its as easy as playing with a Mac. Im my opinion, this cell phone is very but very good! The only downpart is that the screen is not that readable when you place it directly on sun light. But the 65k colors makes it a joy to use. I really love it, its small, light and has a very nice touch, since the build quality its way better then the latest nokia's ive seen. I give a 9.5/10 on this Cell Phone.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
Tx for the info, I've read the reception can be pretty bad and the speaker isn't too loud, have you run into this? Tx

luro22

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2003
no pb with reception,

I enjoy the phone also !!!!

one thing :

does anbody know if it can be uysed as a Webcam ?

vrapan

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2003
UK
Does anyone knows how the t610 handles discoverable mode. I want to put it off discoverable cause so i can conserve some battery. Is discoverable the setting that lets you "hide phone" and "show phone"? Do you know if the "hide phone" setting conserves a lot of battery?

Last question any way I can transfer my SMS from the SIM card to the phone memory and from there to my Mac and delete them from the SIM? thanks a lot for any help you can give

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
I actually returned my T616 after having some massive problems with 2 different phones. Both phones had various bad pixels, and I could barely get any reception. Strangely enough the Motorola T720 I replaced it with gets fantastic reception, oh well.

Kiwi-Todd

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
Dunedin, NZ
The T610 is a great phone - works instantly with bluetooth and exchange.

As was noted above somewhere the only problem is the screen in direct sunlight is a bit funky and the back cover aluminium scratches incredibly easily - get a pouch immediately if you care about how it looks - mine looks terrible after an accidental trip in my pocket with car keys!

I don't know about the other bits and pieces - really irrelevant (to me). But the salling clicker is absolutely brilliant as is modem driver support from http://www.taniwha.org.uk.

Kiwi-Todd

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
Dunedin, NZ
Originally posted by vrapan
Does anyone knows how the t610 handles discoverable mode. I want to put it off discoverable cause so i can conserve some battery. Is discoverable the setting that lets you "hide phone" and "show phone"? Do you know if the "hide phone" setting conserves a lot of battery?

I don't know about discoverable - I just turn bluetooth off (connectivity/bluetooth) when not needed as it does chomp battery time when left on - I too would like to know of any more elegant ways to solve this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.