Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Pretty frustrating that even recent apple accessories aren't compatible. I would have really enjoyed listening to fm radio on this baby.

(posted from my iPhone, which I am loving!)

joelk

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Pretty frustrating that even recent apple accessories aren't compatible. I would have really enjoyed listening to fm radio on this baby.

(posted from my iPhone, which I am loving!)

mine works for music playback through FM modulation (although they say it doesnt) ... you just have to put the phone in airport mode so the radio is disabled. obviously this isn't the ideal solution but it's better than nothing ... until a better shielded solution comes along

EDIT: mine isn't the "apple tuner" but another product.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
mine works for music playback through FM modulation (although they say it doesnt) ... you just have to put the phone in airport mode so the radio is disabled. obviously this isn't the ideal solution but it's better than nothing ... until a better shielded solution comes along

EDIT: mine isn't the "apple tuner" but another product.

He's not talking about an FM Modulator/Transmitter, he's talking about the Apple FM Radio Tuner/Receiver.

Bunsen

macrumors member
May 1, 2007
Orlando FL
yeah, I was just hoping to use the remote and be able to plug in headphones that won't fit in the top headphones jack.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.