Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Original poster
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
Use this thread for posting bugs that you believe you have found. Bugs only please. Save feature requests and usability issues for another thread, as well as other comments.

Also, when a bug is confirmed by multiple people, it will be marked as such by the moderators. There is no need to post "me too" comments to confirmed bugs.

We want to keep this thread readable for people looking to see if their issue has been identified as a bug.

NOTE: Developers of course should use Apple's BugReport system.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Original poster
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
Bluetooth bug

bug #1: you have a bluetooth device paired and you elect to use the iphone's builtin sound source. if you go out of range and then back into range of the headset during the call, the sound will start playing from the bt headset automatically, even though you have selected the iphone as your sound device.

cp2222

macrumors member
May 10, 2006
Voicemail greeting problem

I clicked to record a voicemail greeting -- recorded one, but then left this screen by hitting home. When I came back later I could not record a greeting. Although the 'Record' button was active, upon click it would not start recording no matter what I did with the phone. In addition, if you clicked 'Play' it would say 'No greeting has been recorded'. I tried every function on this page and left and came back several times with no avail. Shutting down and turning back on iPhone allowed me to record again and it worked.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Can't change email reply to address

You cant change which email account you are using to send a reply email (i.e. forwarded email received via .mac can not be replied to using the original email address the sender used.)

Pine-Tree

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2005
Arizona, USA
Smart playlists not working??

It could just be me (cause I haven't seen anything yet), but it seems that smart playlists are all messed up and simply don't work. The only smart playlist that I have is 'top 25', so last night while I was listening to some music, I went to that playlist on my iphone but the songs are not the same at all. I thought maybe I changed something, but sure enough on my itunes 'top 25' is still the same. I couldn't figure out why it was showing up with random songs on my phone. So I created a new one with different settings, and again the songs on my laptop were not the same at all on my phone. Anyone else have the same issues??

Abe

copland007

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
It could just be me (cause I haven't seen anything yet), but it seems that smart playlists are all messed up and simply don't work. The only smart playlist that I have is 'top 25', so last night while I was listening to some music, I went to that playlist on my iphone but the songs are not the same at all. I thought maybe I changed something, but sure enough on my itunes 'top 25' is still the same. I couldn't figure out why it was showing up with random songs on my phone. So I created a new one with different settings, and again the songs on my laptop were not the same at all on my phone. Anyone else have the same issues??

Abe

I noticed the same thing actually...

cliffhopper

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
iPod and Safari Crashes

when ipod is playing and you browse the web, ipod stops playing after about a minute. does not matter if you are using wifi or edge.

Safari crashes randomly, happened twice while trying to acces this forum actually.

longofest edit: confirmed bug

voidptr

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2007
A consistient mail crash with my IMAP account.

No way to reorder items in stocks or weather. Clocks you can drag and drop easily.

Novataglio

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2007
I'm not sure if this is an iPhone mail bug or an issue with gmail but when I setup my gmail account and told it to download a preview of the latest 25 emails, two of them were ones I had sent and were not in my Inbox. I looked around for an option or something that would explain that behavior but couldn't find one. I thought maybe it has to do with how Gmail does emails "conversation" wise but am not sure.

Other than that my signal to the network seems to fluctuate quite a bit even while in the same room which never happened with my Razr. It might just be more sensitive and accurate or I might be in for more dropped calls than before!

kyRx

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Wireless vs. Edge

Mine has problems connecting, or defaulting, to my home wireless network. Most of the browsing, actually all my web browsing to date has been over the Edge network. I set up the wireless correctly and it is "checked " as my preferred network, but the phone never defaults when browsing or checking e-mail.

The wireless router is D-link 802.11g/2.4 GHz. Next I'm gonna try my airport base station and see what happens.

Rolo22

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Smart playlists

I have been having the same problem with smart playlists and called apple support- their answer was, and I quote, that iphone does not support smart playlists at this time, and I should created folders... Can't wait for the update

Xero

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm also having issues with mail. I have three gmail accounts set up, and they all go and load the 25 most recent messages or whatever ive specified. Problem is, they load up as being new emails. So i start out having 90 or so "new emails" all of which ive read, or already deleted in Mail (although they probably havent been deleted from the gmail archive)

This seems sort of odd, and the account options seem pretty limited in ways the app downloads mail.

I'm also having the same issue an above poster is having with emails sent from the phone showing up in that accounts inbox on the phone as well...

stomachdoc

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2004
Outside of Boston
Bluetooth Issue

In my '07 BMW 5 series, during the first few moments of a call in BT through the BMW system, the audio cuts in and out, and then it stabilizes and is fine. Wasn't a problem with my Treo 650 and the BMW, which the iPhone replaced. Integration with menus, voice dialing is flawless.

joekix

macrumors 6502
In my '07 BMW 5 series, during the first few moments of a call in BT through the BMW system, the audio cuts in and out, and then it stabilizes and is fine. Wasn't a problem with my Treo 650 and the BMW, which the iPhone replaced. Integration with menus, voice dialing is flawless.

noticed the same in my sister's '06, 3 series. didn't happen with her razr

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
Exchange access via internet

Safari can't log into Outlook Exchange Email via the internet. It asks for the login name and password, but then hangs up. Tried this on two separate accounts with the same result. Safari on my MBP does not have this problem.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
Wifi not working properly. If the phone has been in standby mode for a while, I can browse using my Airport Extreme without issue. However, after a short period (one or two minutes) I can no longer get data over wifi. If I then go to the Network Setup screen, I can't even list wireless networks (normally I see three or four.) I noticed that at the same time this happens, the phone gets noticeably hot. I'm wondering if this is a hardware bug - the wifi chip failing when it gets too hot. (I haven't attempted browsing from my fridge just yet. :) )

codyclark

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Center, TX
Wifi not working properly. If the phone has been in standby mode for a while, I can browse using my Airport Extreme without issue. However, after a short period (one or two minutes) I can no longer get data over wifi. If I then go to the Network Setup screen, I can't even list wireless networks (normally I see three or four.) I noticed that at the same time this happens, the phone gets noticeably hot. I'm wondering if this is a hardware bug - the wifi chip failing when it gets too hot. (I haven't attempted browsing from my fridge just yet. :) )

I am now experiencing the same problem you described. Any resolution??

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
HTML Email Rendering Issue

I noticed on two HTML mailing list emails that I received (Constant Contact) would not display properly. Only the left half of the email in the body displayed, and the right was blank, cutting off all graphics and text. The footer, however was displayed properly across the entire screen.

Strange.

Tommyg117

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My battery life doesn't seem too good. Also, the talk volume coming out of the earpiece is pretty soft. Do you think all of the problems in this thread can be fixed with a software patch?

kyRx

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
My iPhone froze when using maps

Had to reset (sleep/wake + home). Everything OK now.

appleii2mac

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
I have been having the same problem with smart playlists and called apple support- their answer was, and I quote, that iphone does not support smart playlists at this time, and I should created folders... Can't wait for the update

I have smart playlists on my iPhone. Although they are very simple (rating >=4) . But they seem to work.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
My Wi-Fi won't option is grayed out and wont even let me chose a network

ps: I was using my iPhone on this network earlier today :confused:

Big Slick

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Windows XP and its new-hardware installer try to recognize iPhone as a camera when there are photos in the Camera Roll. Then, Windows crashes into the blue screen of death with an error message 0x0000007e blahblahblah. When there are no photos in the Camera Roll, Windows doesn't crash, and iTunes opens the phone normally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.