Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markw10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I purchased a 8GB iPhone yesterday. I'm used to using a Holster case with my current phone and like it a lot. I like how it protects it well and it's covered so no one can see the phone inside and it's easy to just pull out and use the phone itself without having it in a case. Maybe I will find another non holster style case I like but I really prefer the holster cases.
Two I've looked at are the Griffin Elan Holster Case and the Belkin iPhone holster case. Both are listed on Apple's web site. They were sold out of them at the Apple store though. Are these nice cases or is one better than the other?
Are there any other holster cases or other types of cases I should look at?

BrianB803

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Blackberry 8800

Hello,
I have been using blackberry's for a very long time and have been using the holster cases. Last night I got the Belkin vertical case and used it for about five minutes. Even though it doesn't seem like it, the iPhone really works well in a pocket. I had an 8800 with the magnettic case and loved how fast it popped in and out of it. I got really used to it. After switching to the iPhone, I don't think I could go back to that concept. That being said, I would not recomend the Belkin case because it puts many small hexagons on the screan that you then have to wipe off just to have them return. It also feels cheap and clumsy compared to the BB case. The clip is not as substantial and it doesn't have any type of latch. It just feels "cheap". I hope that helped. Again I recomend just putting it in your pocket. Have a great day.

-Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.