Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexzi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Hi,

I'm glad to see that Aspyr has made Universal updates to both Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy. The problem, however is that the gamepad doesn't work correctly. I assign button numbers to my gamepad (from holding down 'option' upon loading). The game pad will work *however*, it settings are forgotten when the game quits, and the gamepad keys must be re-assigned everytime the game loads.

Anybody have a solution. I don't know if this is an Aspyr issue or a HID issue (or both). I thought this may be the manifestation of a permissions issue; but I don't think it is.

Any advice?

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
It probably is some permission issue... you could try deleting your preferences file for the game.

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
Hi,

I'm glad to see that Aspyr has made Universal updates to both Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy. The problem, however is that the gamepad doesn't work correctly. I assign button numbers to my gamepad (from holding down 'option' upon loading). The game pad will work *however*, it settings are forgotten when the game quits, and the gamepad keys must be re-assigned everytime the game loads.

Anybody have a solution. I don't know if this is an Aspyr issue or a HID issue (or both). I thought this may be the manifestation of a permissions issue; but I don't think it is.

Any advice?

I had similar issues awhile back, also with other games. I found that the game was just not recognizing my pad (a logitech). Movement sort of worked but that was it. I ended up picking up usboverdrive and that solved all my problems. However, if the pad was working before the update then trashing preference file and repairing permissions would be a good start.

good luck:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.