Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 1, 2007, 04:54 PM   #1
asaad
macrumors member

Getting my contacts onto my iphone...

I had an older nokia phone no bluetooth no infrared so i had no idea how to get my contacts from my nokia to my iphone. I took it to att and they took my contacts and put them onto a usb flashdrive, i came home expecting id be able to just put the contacts into my address book and export them onto my iphone through itunes. Well i cant even find a program to open the file, the ext on it is .pbb ive tried on both an apple and a pc. Ive got way too many contacts to do by hand, does any have any help for me? thanks.
asaad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Djmx
macrumors 6502

i had to put all my contacts 1 by 1..! att said the sim is not able to copy from ur old sim!
Djmx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:04 PM   #3
matthutch
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaad View Post
I had an older nokia phone no bluetooth no infrared so i had no idea how to get my contacts from my nokia to my iphone. I took it to att and they took my contacts and put them onto a usb flashdrive, i came home expecting id be able to just put the contacts into my address book and export them onto my iphone through itunes. Well i cant even find a program to open the file, the ext on it is .pbb ive tried on both an apple and a pc. Ive got way too many contacts to do by hand, does any have any help for me? thanks.
maybe if you take it back to AT&T and they might be able to copy the contacts from your sim to a newer nokia phone then to a comp via bluetooth so you can add them to address book.

or if you find a friend with a newer nokia and have them send them from the phone to a comp/memory card in a format that your comp can read
TV
matthutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:05 PM   #4
asaad
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthutch View Post
maybe if you take it back to AT&T and they might be able to copy the contacts from your sim to a newer nokia phone then to a comp via bluetooth so you can add them to address book.

or if you find a friend with a newer nokia and have them send them from the phone to a comp/memory card in a format that your comp can read
yeah we tried the bluetooth thing, ill try the other way thanks.
asaad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 05:29 PM   #5
appleii2mac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaad View Post
Have you tried opening the file in a text editor? If so, what does it look like? Total gibberish, or can you see actual fields with data?
appleii2mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 09:58 PM   #6
squigish
macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, and got the following link from apple tech support, which works great. I have a pc, I don't know how well it works on a mac.

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/...t=KB81228.html
squigish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:28 AM   #7
ciscokidd
macrumors newbie

i was able to transfer all my numbers into outlook for easy transfering... took a matter of seconds and boom all my contacts now on the iPhone

now i need to go in and edit them with some additional information that will make using the iPhone easier
ciscokidd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 04:41 PM   #8
darabbadiee
macrumors newbie

To get .PBB content moved to your outlook first download UME-36 Content Manager from the Cellebrite web site. This allow you to move the content outlook. But, be advised that there is even a bigger problem as iTune 7.3 and Outlook 2007 crash with each other ... I have been so far able to bring over my contact but not my calndare appointments. good luck.
darabbadiee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting