Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 1, 2007, 06:34 PM   #1
DAlba
macrumors newbie

WTF! Can't add custom Calendar alert times???

I cant setup Calendar event alert to be 1 hour, 30 minutes before! Is there anyway to do this? Events that I created in iCal sync up to phone with 1 hour, 30 minutes before alert but events created on phone cannot do this.
DAlba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 06:53 PM   #2
note235
macrumors 6502

yeah there is i did it but
lets see
go to alert and select the options there
note235 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 07:40 PM   #3
DAlba
macrumors newbie

The only choices i see are:

5 min before
15 min
30 min
1 hour
2 hour
1 day
2 days
On date of event

How can I choose 45 minutes before or 1 hour, 30 minute before?
DAlba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:25 AM   #4
hopeklin
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Not just alerts, repeats too

I can't find a way to set repeats when I want them. This is the most inconvenient thing I've found about the Iphone. PLEASE let me know if there's a way!

I want an event to repeat every 28 days (4 weeks) and the closest option is monthly. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM! Seems like the designers were all men.
hopeklin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Ish
macrumors 68000

Highlight the event so that it's in the information panel >> click on the up/down arrows next to 'alarm' >> click on 'message with sound' in top half of drop down menu >> click on 'minutes before' to select the time scale >> click on the number in front to set it.

Eg. for an hour and a half, select minutes and then 90.

EDIT: sorry, just noticed that it's in the iphone forum, not a problem setting the calendar.
Ish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 01:17 PM   #6
tobefirst
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeklin View Post
I can't find a way to set repeats when I want them. This is the most inconvenient thing I've found about the Iphone. PLEASE let me know if there's a way!

I want an event to repeat every 28 days (4 weeks) and the closest option is monthly. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM! Seems like the designers were all men.
Yeah, I had a problem with something like this, too. My friends and I go play trivia on the last Thursday of every month...but I couldn't select that on the iPhone. I had to wait until I had it in iCal and then do it there. Not a *huge* deal, but could be remedied.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:05 AM   #7
FALL3N1
macrumors newbie

Yeah, this seems like a pretty common and easy prob to fix... I guess technically we could make another dummy reminder event 30 mins before the 45 min mark and set it to remind us a half hour before.. But that gets confusing to read. I know this is an old thread, but maybe Apple will fix this soon
FALL3N1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting