Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpsimon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2002
I've seen quite a few people complain about the keyboard on the iPhone (people who have never used the device, and people who own one themselves).. I thought I'd upload this video to show that it is actually very easy to type quickly on the phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfhxMpEGpM

babakd90

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2006
wow nice typing! ;)

Yea I think the iPhone's keyboard is actually much better than the " little plastic keys" found on other devices. I have about 10-15h of experience with the treo and blackberry and my typing is quite horrible on both of them. Using the iPhone in the store after about an hour proved that I was faster typing on the iPhone than those devices. Definitely great. Can't wait till they bring it to Canada so I can get one...if they bring it to canada :(

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
wow nice typing! ;)

Yea I think the iPhone's keyboard is actually much better than the " little plastic keys" found on other devices. I have about 10-15h of experience with the treo and blackberry and my typing is quite horrible on both of them. Using the iPhone in the store after about an hour proved that I was faster typing on the iPhone than those devices. Definitely great. Can't wait till they bring it to Canada so I can get one...if they bring it to canada :(

It'll be on Rogers by the end of the year.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
wow nice typing! ;)

Certainly better than the friggin' Blackjack I had before the iPhone. Horrible keyboard on that thing.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I actually type faster than that video. If you know qwerty, you can absolutely fly on it.

AirmanPika

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Vandenberg AFB, CA
Yea I'm typing about that fast on my iPhone too now. The adaptive typing or whatever they call it works really well though I still have to occasionally fix what it puts in. Its worrying about the typos that tend to slow people down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.