Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astray

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2003
uk
Powerpage.org reports that a Taiwanese company has shipped several thousand Bluetooth mice to Apple, suggesting release is imminent. His source is MacPeople magazine Japan.

http://www.powerpage.org/

astray

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
I guess thats pretty cool. I really don't see the need for a wireless mouse or keyboard, since I sit close enough to my computer that the cables reach the tower. Plus, in my experience the wireless mice are heaver due to the wieght of the batteries, and not as responsive. But who knows maybe blue tooth mice will be lighter and more responsive.

Peas.

Echinda

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2003
I might pick one up. The USB cable on the standard Mac mouse is a bit of a pain. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem capable of just sitting there quietly and staying out of the way. It always seems to be sending exploratory loops across my keyboard's numpad. But, since it is too short to plug into any port other than the one on my keyboard I've just put up with it. It's one of those minor annoyances that is just enough of a pain that it bugs me but not enough of a pain that I actually do anything about it. Maybe the wow-cool factor of a bluetooth mouse will inspire me to do something about it. Probably not, but hey, you never know.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
While this would be cool as an optional upgrade, it will not be standard. Besides the fact that not everyone will want this, not all G5s come with BT. It's an add on component. BTO, or USB dongle, only.

BT keyboards and/or mice can't be standard.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I've always prefered track balls. They sit still and you don't have to worry about a cramped desktop space. I still can't quite get used the Apple mouse either. It feels a bit odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.