Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jul 2, 2007, 02:37 PM   #1
czeluff
macrumors 6502

My Own Icon For My App

Hello to all,

Using Icon Composer I converted a jpg image to an icon. Then, in Xcode, I edited Info.plist and added the icon name correctly into the correct location. This is all correct, because if I goto Project -> Edit Active Target "MyProgram" and then click the Properties button, my icon shows up!

However, when I switch the Build & Run style from "Debug" to "Release", the app that gets created still has the default Apple icon.

Help?

cz
iPad Mini
czeluff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Is it in the Info.plist file for the key: <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>?
Eraserhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:22 AM   #3
robbieduncan

Ensure that your icon is actually being copied into the Resources otherwise it won't work. There is a "Copy Bundle Resources" build phase under the Target. You need the icon in there.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:19 PM   #4
stadidas
macrumors regular

You may need to do a clean. I think it's under the build menu. This will cause a new application bundle to be created from scratch, which should hopefully include your new icon.
stadidas is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming