Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Despite citing 2-4 week delays in iPhone shipments made from the online Apple Store, Apple has notified some customers that their iPhones will ship by July 6th (Friday):

Good news! We're happy to let you know your iPhone will ship by July 6th, 2007. Visit Order Status for the most current information on your order. iPhone orders will ship in the order they were placed. We're working hard to ship your iPhone as soon as possible. Thank you again for shopping on the online Apple Store.

Apple started accepting online orders for iPhones on June 29th at 6pm PT.

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
No such email to me yet, my order is still listed as 2-4 weeks. That said I didn't order until yesterday.

usasalazar

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2006
This post convinced me to purchase one online.

Hopefully it doesn't take 2-4 weeks, just placed the order 20 seconds ago.

Me too - The guy at the apple store said they don't charge until shipped so if I happen to come across one sooner I can but it and cancel the web order. If the apple store gets another batch tomorrow I'm all over it!

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
No such email to me yet, my order is still listed as 2-4 weeks. That said I didn't order until yesterday.
OK. I just got the email, it says it will ship "before July 13th". So I guess just over 2 weeks.

bluefire75

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2006
Shinobi Training Center
just got my email confirmation...

"To Our Valued Apple Customer:
Good news! We're happy to let you know your iPhone will ship by July
9th, 2007."

I also ordered some accessories for the iPhone (case and car charger), but those won't ship out until the 17th.

MauiMac

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2006
Nearest AT&T or Apple Store?...

Why don't you all just go to your nearest Apple or AT&T store and pick an iPhone up? :confused:

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Why don't you all just go to your nearest Apple or AT&T store and pick an iPhone up? :confused:

1) Because they sold out.

2) I don't want to have to keep going back to see when then get them in. I had enough of that with the Wii.

3) Because I ****ing hate dealing with cell phone salesmen.

I can wait a couple of weeks if I know I'm going to get one with no hassle.

bluefire75

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2006
Shinobi Training Center
i 2nd that...

2) I don't want to have to keep going back to see when then get them in. I had enough of that with the Wii.

I second that. Let alone, I ordered other Apple products at the same I ordered the iPhone. Call it laziness, that's fine...for me it's convenience.

BluFish

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I went to the AT&T store on Saturday afternoon and I'm having them direct ship it to me. They said they would be shipping this week. We shall see...

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Confirm

Despite citing 2-4 week delays in iPhone shipments made from the online Apple Store, Apple has notified some customers that their iPhones will ship by July 6th (Friday):

Apple started accepting online orders for iPhones on June 29th at 6pm PT.

I received this yesterday...ordered at 6:12PM on the 29th.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 153

staz

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2006
Pittsfield, MA, USA
apple.com orders starting to ship!

Just checked my order status:

Order Status: Prepared for shipment
Ships by: Jul 6
Delivers by: Jul 10 - Jul 12

Placed the order through apple.com on iDay promptly at 6:00 PDT. They're beating that "two to four weeks" significantly, as expected.

Woot!

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
Just checked my order status:

Order Status: Prepared for shipment
Ships by: Jul 6
Delivers by: Jul 10 - Jul 12

Placed the order through apple.com on iDay promptly at 6:00 PDT. They're beating that "two to four weeks" significantly, as expected.

Woot!

congrats! im still planning on going to an apple store. does anyone know how often apple stores get shipments? maybe when they run ALL the way out? or a few a day? anyone know? thanks.

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
iPhone has shipped

Received email today that my iPhone has shipped and new delivery date is "by July 9th." Tracking indicates it is coming directly from China and was shipped July 4th using FedEx. I have received other Apple products directly from China and gotten them in 2-3 days so hoping the connections are good and maybe get a Friday delivery...:)

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Received email today that my iPhone has shipped and new delivery date is "by July 9th." Tracking indicates it is coming directly from China and was shipped July 4th using FedEx. I have received other Apple products directly from China and gotten them in 2-3 days so hoping the connections are good and maybe get a Friday delivery...:)
This is why I never bother with the 2 day shipping. Most of the time the items come direct from China and it doesn't matter how fast shipping you use, they arrive in 2-3 days. Free shipping FTW.

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007

so wait.

fithian

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
Eastern PA
Shipped

I also received notice that the iPhones I ordered have shipped by FedEx. I ordered at 6:04 PT on Friday. Should be here by Friday or Monday. No Independence Day in China.

Eph

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.