Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckyjack7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Beautiful British Columbia
Can anyone tell me why my battery loses about 1% of it's charge per day? I'm plugged in, no peripherals, calibrated, already done an smc reset to sort out wake/sleep issues. Thought this problem was fixed too but its re-appearing. I charged 2 days ago and it's down to 98% today. Eventually it goes below 95% and re-charges to 100%.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Lithium Polymer batteries have a tendency to explode when you over charge them beyond their capacity. AS a precaution, the charging is stopped once the battery is filled up, and the laptop runs on battery till it hits 95%, when the charging begins anew.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
Yup this always bugged me but I finally let it go for about a week and once it dropped to 94%, it began to charge again back to 100%. I just think it's normal for the battery.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Yeah that sounds "normal". Just be thankful you don't have my machine, which discharges the battery at a rate of 3 to 4% per hour... even when turned off it seems :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.