Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:54 PM   #1
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger

iPhone Case: Speck Skintight

On iPhone night, I picked up the Skintight from Speck. It cost $29.95 and included in the box were two cases and a belt clip. I slipped on the case as per the instructions and....

Read More

Last edited by arn; Jul 2, 2007 at 11:01 PM.
katie ta achoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:04 PM   #2
Luis
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Luis
Wow, they miscalculated the dimensions of the phone for such a bad fit?!
the crownless again shall be King.
Luis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:04 PM   #3
Dan Peterson
macrumors newbie

That's awesome! (the Starbucks story, obviously not the case ) ... it's still gonna be about a month before I get my iPhone but dammit, I want some free stuff!

I was worried about a lot of those pre-release cases and figured I'll just wait until iLounge comes out with some final reviews on a few cases before deciding for sure. Needs to be perfect!
Dan Peterson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:08 PM   #4
ShiggyMiyamoto
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to ShiggyMiyamoto Send a message via MSN to ShiggyMiyamoto Send a message via Skype™ to ShiggyMiyamoto
Haha. Awesome job on the free Starbucks stuff. Are you in the pic with the Starbucks dude? I can't tell. If I don't make sense it's because I'm uber tired and I'm about to go to bed.
MacBook "Santa Rosa" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (deceased)
ShiggyMiyamoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:09 PM   #5
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiggyMiyamoto View Post
Haha. Awesome job on the free Starbucks stuff. Are you in the pic with the Starbucks dude? I can't tell. If I don't make sense it's because I'm uber tired and I'm about to go to bed.
nah... it's not her. the person in the pic has a starbucks uniform on.

arn
arn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:12 PM   #6
brasscat
macrumors 6502

Don't kid yourself.... You got a free Starbucks because you're cute. iPhone or not!
brasscat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:13 PM   #7
Rojo
macrumors 65816

I'm addicted to Starbucks soy chais, so the idea of getting free ones almost makes me want to shell out $600 for an iPhone.

Wait... that doesn't make sense...

Cool story, though!
Rojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:14 PM   #8
ShiggyMiyamoto
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to ShiggyMiyamoto Send a message via MSN to ShiggyMiyamoto Send a message via Skype™ to ShiggyMiyamoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
nah... it's not her. the person in the pic has a starbucks uniform on.

arn
:-p I'm tired. remember?
MacBook "Santa Rosa" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (deceased)
ShiggyMiyamoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:16 PM   #9
Vidar
macrumors newbie

I bought the same Speck cases, except I got the black and clear cases, and I must say they both fit perfectly on my iPhone. Maybe you just got a bad batch, or the pink ones aren't sized right, but the ones I got fit perfect.

V
Vidar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:16 PM   #10
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
Wow, they miscalculated the dimensions of the phone for such a bad fit?!
I think it's more the material. It fits fine everywhere else.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:31 AM   #11
darwen
macrumors 6502a

The incase rubber/silicone ones are AMAZING! They are the only one I see people using and they are getting great reviews. They come in black, grey, and red. Black looks really slick!
darwen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:28 AM   #12
imwoblin
macrumors 6502

Boxwave Case

Anyone know anything about this case?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlca...-case_2661.htm
imwoblin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:09 AM   #13
Yankees 4 Life
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Yankees 4 Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwen View Post
The incase rubber/silicone ones are AMAZING! They are the only one I see people using and they are getting great reviews. They come in black, grey, and red. Black looks really slick!
Hey I totally Agree! I have the black one and it looks so sleek with the frame of the phone. I recommend their cases to any Iphone buyer!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:56 AM   #14
Bahwinkle
macrumors newbie

I'm impressed with the caliber of the iPhone photo. The clarity of the photos I've seen, with only ambient light, is terrific. The baristas photo is quite nice and looks like it should be a Starbucks advertisement or training pamplet. I'd never have expected the quality from a phone.

Go, Apple R & D!
Bahwinkle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:05 AM   #15
JtheLemur
macrumors 6502

I grabbed the SkinTight cases. Both fit perfectly (black and clear in one pack), but the black one has all these weird splotches on it. Definitely not up to the standards that Speck used to be at. I tried out a Speck ToughSkin case, a clear one, and it was even more ill-fitting than the one in the photo!

Finally settled on an InCase leather job they had at the Apple store. It has the world's tightest belt clip - not even sure why you'd really want to clip it to anything, what with the screen facing out and all! But it feels nice in the hand, and it's thick enough so that I don't have to worry about getting sweat/face grease all over the phone the times that I actually need to put it up to my ear. Ew, who wants to do that?!
JtheLemur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:15 AM   #16
Rojo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahwinkle View Post
I'm impressed with the caliber of the iPhone photo. The clarity of the photos I've seen, with only ambient light, is terrific. The baristas photo is quite nice and looks like it should be a Starbucks advertisement or training pamplet. I'd never have expected the quality from a phone.
Are we sure the barista photo was taken with an iPhone?
Aren't they holding the phone in the picture? That would make me think the photo was taken by another camera. Unless katie ta achoo was luckier than we thought and actually got two iPhones.

Anyway, the iPhone pics I've seen in opther places ARE quite nice, and much better than I ever expected they'd be...
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:54 AM   #17
Bahwinkle
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
Are we sure the barista photo was taken with an iPhone?
Aren't they holding the phone in the picture? That would make me think the photo was taken by another camera. Unless katie ta achoo was luckier than we thought and actually got two iPhones.

Anyway, the iPhone pics I've seen in opther places ARE quite nice, and much better than I ever expected they'd be...
Sorry. My eyes are are failing. You are right. They are holding the phone. Other photos I've received through e-mail directly from the iPhone have been surprisingly good.

Thank you.
Bahwinkle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:10 AM   #18
jellis
macrumors member

Saturday morning, the day after I picked up my iPhone, I went to a friend’s daughter Ellie's 1st birthday party. Like most 1st birthdays it was more of a family get together with a bunch of grandparents and great uncles than it was actual friends of the birthday girl. After I was there for a few minutes I got a text message from a friend and pulled my phone out to check it. While replying one of the aunts was over my shoulder looking at it and asked, "is that the iPhone?" I told her it was and gave it to her to play with. For about the next hour my phone was passed around to every relative from NH to Virginia. I only got it back when I did get a phone call or text and then off it went again. I later found out that me and my iPhone were the hit of little Ellie's party and that I am invited back anytime. It seems as though the iPhone is an instant friend maker.
jellis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:17 AM   #19
torvald27
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to torvald27
Free Tiramisu

My wife and I picked up an iPhone on Saturday at the Mall of America and decided to have lunch. After we ordered our food, we started unpacking the iPhone and our waiter asked about it and then called the manager over. We let them play with it for a little bit and finished lunch. When it came time to get the bill, they brought us a tiramisu with a candle in it and said it was on them as a congratulations on getting an iPhone. I haven't used the iPhone in public since, however, so I don't know if it is something that will happen again.
torvald27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:48 AM   #20
Yankees 4 Life
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Yankees 4 Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by torvald27 View Post
My wife and I picked up an iPhone on Saturday at the Mall of America and decided to have lunch. After we ordered our food, we started unpacking the iPhone and our waiter asked about it and then called the manager over. We let them play with it for a little bit and finished lunch. When it came time to get the bill, they brought us a tiramisu with a candle in it and said it was on them as a congratulations on getting an iPhone. I haven't used the iPhone in public since, however, so I don't know if it is something that will happen again.
hey in olive garden i got a free appetizer for letting the waiter use my iphone
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:57 AM   #21
iphoneluver
macrumors newbie

case

i bought the same exact kit and it fit around my phone just fine. Maybe you stretched it too far or something?
iphoneluver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:28 PM   #22
loudestnoise
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to loudestnoise Send a message via Skype™ to loudestnoise
mmm, soy chai. that sounds yummy. Bummer about the case though, my iQase SiDE on the other hand fits beautifully. And I don't look silly with it on my belt! Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:24 PM   #23
nohats
macrumors newbie

free stuff for showing iphone

Similar story to the star bucks freebie.. i got a free half and half and then an around the world from this girl on telephone road for showing her my iPhone.. but then she took my iPhone while I wasn't looking...

:-(
nohats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:28 PM   #24
zelmo
macrumors 603

I have a Speck case/belt clip combo for my pathetically outdated, 'can't ever get something free for showing it off' Treo 650. It [the case] works very well - nice and snug, all the openings line up as needed, and typing on the keypad is as easy as if the cover wasn't there at all. I'm surprised that the iPhone case they sell sucks so bad. At least it is a pretty pink color.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 03:32 PM   #25
Rojo
macrumors 65816

With all the free things people are getting from just letting people play with their iPhones, suddenly $500-600 doesn't seem so expensive....

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion