Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I received a 21kb email from a friend and I responded, but at times the typing was sluggish and it got behind some of my keystrokes before catching up. Do you think it is the size of the email? The only other time I noticed this is when I type a password for an internet site.

Anyone else experrience any email typing lag?

DonWilson

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2005
McKinney, TX
I received a 21kb email from a friend and I responded, but at times the typing was sluggish and it got behind some of my keystrokes before catching up. Do you think it is the size of the email? The only other time I noticed this is when I type a password for an internet site.

Anyone else experrience any email typing lag?

Yea, I had the same thing happen to me, only on safari with a couple of tabs open with somewhat large websites. All I did was hold the home button down for 6 seconds (which quits the application and returns home), clicked back to safari and I was back to speedy typing.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
My occurence happened on yahoo email and I was not on the web. I wonder if maybe the email was too large? Good to know you experienced some lag though was beginning to think it was my phone, but I am sure the OS was just being pushed too hard and it bogged down.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
I had this happen to me today while responding to a long email " thread"

I jumped over to notes and typing was fine, back to the email and it was still slow.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
That is pretty annoying considering this is a phone/communication device. I am guessing the memory of the phone cannot handle large emails. Apple should at least give us the ability to cut/paste or stop other program from running because it makes responding to emails very difficult.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
That is pretty annoying considering this is a phone/communication device. I am guessing the memory of the phone cannot handle large emails. Apple should at least give us the ability to cut/paste or stop other program from running because it makes responding to emails very difficult.

Yup e-mail file is the reason. Same thing happened to me teh other day

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I noticed that you can type in notes and then the program lets you automatically send an email from your preferred email (as setup in mail settings). Maybe this is a workaround, because I have yet to see any lag while typing in the notes application.

lonnielove

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
My blackberry 8100t does the same thing from time to time i think its due to other programs open in background?, or just the processer trying to play catch up? just my 2 cents. i also havent notice this with my iphone.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Yup, I'm getting lag too, sigh, and no, my Blackberry 8700G never did this.

Please apple send us an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.