Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I was looking and it seems that the iPhone and iPod are very similar in size but could someone with a iPod sock see if it fits the iPhone well?

could you take a picture also?

jangler

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
I thought the same thing and bought the socks today at the apple store. They do fit on the iphone, albeit snugly. Only the top of the iphone is left uncovered.

Personally, I find it to be a better solution than a full body sleeve with screen cover. I like touching the iphone, but want to keep is safe from scratches in my bag. I also like the way it makes it look like a regular old ipod so people don't stare.

himansk

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
I like touching the iphone, but want to keep is safe from scratches in my bag. I also like the way it makes it look like a regular old ipod so people don't stare.

well said, exactly my thought. i am currently using my old black 30G ipod's black sleeve to keep my iphone, but seriously considering buying an ipod socks set instead.

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
well said, exactly my thought. i am currently using my old black 30G ipod's black sleeve to keep my iphone, but seriously considering buying an ipod socks set instead.

yea I purchased a belkin leather pouch thing but I just want something to protect it in my pocket, but they are to expensive at the apple store, so Im just going to buy some rip off on ebay.

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2005
Been working on the car all day so the hands are dirty :D Also it's not a real Apple sock but the knock off ones from walmart.

Photo104.jpg

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I thought the same thing and bought the socks today at the apple store. They do fit on the iphone, albeit snugly. Only the top of the iphone is left uncovered.

Personally, I find it to be a better solution than a full body sleeve with screen cover. I like touching the iphone, but want to keep is safe from scratches in my bag. I also like the way it makes it look like a regular old ipod so people don't stare.

My socks are a bit old now, and they completely cover the iphone, so you may find the same as time goes on. i mean you can see the top of the phone if you look down, but the sides are covered and the top isn't sticking out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.