Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn

dynamicd

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago

I'm a newbie but have been observing for the past week or two...wanting to get a glimpse of what might be coming out at mac world. I"m going into my first year in college and was looking at macs b/c of my friend who has been a die-hard mac-user since he was born.

Anyway, the flat-panel imac always appealed to me and i just oredered the new 17" one the day it came out. And now that i'm about to be a mac-user i thought i owed it to myself to register here.

fox290

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Well I've been a lurker for a while now but had to register in order to lurk!!! :eek: So I might as well post something! Well, let's see I've been a mac user since '92 with a Performa 430!! Wonderful machine but was outdated fast. I have a P.C. now and have recently been interested in Mac again! OS X did it for me as soon as I layed eyes on it at CompUsa!

But I'm waiting for a Mac, IMac or IBook to be worth the cost so I can dive right back in to the apple pool! Cuz the pentium notebooks give more bang for the buck at this point than apple!

But I waited three months for MWNY to see what was coming out and was sold with the new Ipods! 5-7 weeks for the p.c. version :mad: Oh Well. I'll wait patiently!

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Hi,
Well I've been around here for a while(about 5 months), but never saw the need to post so I was always a guest. But now since macworld I needed to be a member to read the threads and well, here I am!:D You will probably see a lot more of me in the future...;)

-MacMaster

i came in about december and i visited about once a week.
i lurked until about mid-may when a discussion about IEEE1394 being offocially called firewire sparked my intrest and i have been here ever since.
i became a demigod when i reached 100 posts in late may - early July.
i love the site and intend to renew my demigod membership whenever nessassary:D

fatcow242

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2002
yeah, me too

So...I guess I'm a "new" mac user too. Had my iBook for about a year, but am just getting into all these "mac-obsessed" ;) sorts of sites now . I have lurked around for a couple weeks too, but now with the "high-traffic" during MXNY I decided to register, anyway, hello.

Reactions: Mconnors5862

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I think I need to clear up that I am not a "new" mac user. I've used macs all my life. I'm just new to macrumors.

-MacMaster

Reactions: MikeeVee

daveyt

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hi there. Yeah, as you've heard before, the whole addiction to rumours during MWNY forced me to register, too. I've been a PeeCee user from way back (good ol' DOS), and got my first PowerMac last year, and then got shafted when they introduced the Quicksilvers about four weeks later. So, needing a PowerBook, I was bound and determined not to get shafted again. So, diligently following the releases and rumours, I think I was probably the only person hoping that the PB's WOULDN'T get reved. So, here I sit with my PB 667 and AirPort, lovin' it. Oh, yeah the iPod is awesome. Picked it up the first day they were out and never looked back.
So, that's my story, and I'm still stuck using Peecees at work, which sucks. Yes, I'm addicted...:D

Reactions: Swedish since 1986

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
Hi,
I guess to start off, I will say hello to everyone. I do not quite own a mac yet, i am going to be purchasing a new ibook before i start university again this fall. I've used macs before and i want one because to put it simply: they work. I'm tired of wondering if i will be able to finish a report only to have the windoze crash and leave me stuck. Also i love the great features of Mac OS and how apple seems to respect privacy better than microshaft. So yeah, i am a mac user stuck inside a pc user's body! Screaming to be released, trying to figure out what goodies to get with my ibook next month. BTW this forum is great, lots of good debate and info.
I'll be stickin' around for a while i think.

brogers

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2002
Greensboro, NC
Been around a while myself but only posted recently. These pages seem a little intimidating to say the least. If you are not sure what you are talking about, you are sure to get flamed. Anyway, I love Macrumors and have had it bookmarked for some time now. The news seems to be as up to date as any. I have been a Mac user since the early 90's and am on my fifth Mac. I still have them all and they all work great. My kids use them for basic education games and I still love to mess around the old System 7. Thanks for this welcome page. I'm sure to be posting more in the regular boards.

dnte42

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
I've been around this site for a while now (year abouts) observing the boards at times and finally gave into posting in the favorite song thread. Probably won't post too much unless I'm bored at work, but oh well.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I guess you can call me a newbie, since I've only been an Apple owner since the first Apple ][+ came out and a Mac user since the Fat Mac hit the shelves.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i'm not really a newbie anymore ;) lol
well at first i got bout 80 posts in the first week i was here, n was pretty quiet till early july n got back to posting since then :) but its pretty tough for me to post since i read the posts too much :S lol

djwoolf

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2001
New Orleans, LA
finally i can properly introduce myself

Hey yall greetings form New Orleans LA. Ive been a mac user since i was a wee lad. My first computer was an AppleIIe, then a Performa 450, a B&W G# 350, and now an iMac DV 400. Anyway i have een registered for a little while and i interject my 3/4's informed opinion occasionaly. As soon as i get a raise i plan to by the Mug. Arn I love this site and want to help u out. Ive been monitoring it since i got my iMac in '99 so i should have gotten a mug earlier. I'm always amazed by the intelligence of the members and the hmor as well.
I do need a new email addy b/c of the whole .Mac thing. but i will have the old one up untill it expires so drop me a line its my User name @mac.com.

desdinova

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2002
Continental Divide
Hello from the continental divide near Rollinsville CO. The first computer I ever touched was an Ohio Scientific kit. Then i was an IBM 370 main frame operator. It had a drum drive, card reader and a whopping 128 byte magnetic core memory. My first computer was a Timex Sinclar if you can call that a computer. My first Apple was an Apple][e, then a Mac 512E, then a Duo 230 system. Currently I have a G4 450, a iMacDV and a iBook Dual USB 500 overclocked to 600/100. I've been gawking at MacRumors for quite some time but had to register during MWNY. Never seem to have anything to post but lo love to read...

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
Hi,
been a reader for about a year but had to register during MWNY.
My first mac was a Mac Plus, I now have an iBook 500 since about 9 months ago.
Been an iTools user for a long time too :( .

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
Originally posted by coolshot125
how many posts do i need to get off this newbie status?

one less than before you made that post. :)

problem is, the only people who would know the answer aren't allowed to post in this thread.

Reactions: Evy-N-T-town

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Well, like so many others here- I recently joined on to watch for the new PMacs... originally hoping for MWNY- then Aug 5th... and now Aug 13th (Hope hope!)
At least now it finally seems they'll be out... only who knows what they'll be.

Either way- when they're announced/released, I'll be on line getting one. For some reason my PMac 7500 just isn't cutting it anymore. :p

Sure, she's been updated a few times- first to a blazing fast 604/120... and most recently to a G3/220 that's overclocked to 300.
I've been in dire need of just plopping down and getting a new machine for a while- OSX alone would make it worth it... but with the most recent updates to iTunes- not being able to run an MP3 player.... well- the time has come to get a new.

Question is- after 7 years... now what do I do with her? Anyone?

Hoping to see some new, major releases- and now that I'm registered here I know I'll be around often.

Sean.

mpbnl8182

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Hi everyone -

I've looked through these forums I don't know how many times, but this is the first time i've posted. I just received my first mac, a g3 400 that i got on eBay. (Well, it's actually my 2nd. I had a g4 cube that i bought as an open box buy, then it turned out they were actually holding it for a friend of mine.) I don't have OS X on here yet, just 9.2.2, but i can't wait to put Jag on there. I know it isn't the fastest thing out there, but it should satisfy my mac craving, then when i graduate, i can make the full "switch".

Reactions: Ethanbailey7878

gmstudio

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio
I am a refugee. I've been serving as a moderator on a very active message board for a high-profile musical instrument manufacturer for a couple of years and it came time to hang it up over there. Now I'm refocusing my energies on running my recording studio and discovered this board just a few weeks ago as I was researching my new Mac purchase.

I've been running my Cubase studio on my beige G3/300 for a few years now and it's time to upgrade. Going with the new 17" iMac and a MOTU 828 interface. Very excited about this and can't wait for everything to arrive.

I've been a Mac fan since I bought a used 512ke back in 1993 in college for $100. Lived with an LCIII for a couple of years until I got the G3, and now the iMac is the next step in my evolution.

Musically, I've been writing for local TV programs and commercials, along with creating some ambient/electronic works in my free time. Now I've aligned myself with a wonderful vocalist and have entered the pop-music realm.

I'm very much a mac-user and not a mac-tweaker, so I doubt I'll have much to contribute here, but I'll be lurking faithfully. It's nice to be on the other side of the "moderator" job for a change. :^)

Paul

Reactions: Ethanbailey7878

Sepulchre

macrumors member
May 27, 2002
UK
Well i suppose I will fall into the lurker category, sounds kind of suspicious I know ;) I've been dropping in on MacRumours for over a year now but only recently registered as I'd never felt the need to throw in my two pennies worth before :D

I've been using Macs for the last 7 years, so I’m not a switcher either, just gotta love-em though don’t yah! :cool:

Speak to you all in the forums soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.