Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:14 AM   #1
TheBusDriver
macrumors 6502

iPhone won't sync photos

Hey recently my iPhone won't sync the photos to the iPhoto any ideas, it used to do it but now it won't

Thanks,
Steve
5G 30GB White iPod
8GB iPhone bitch
TheBusDriver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:17 AM   #2
kasim
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Hey recently my iPhone won't sync the photos to the iPhoto any ideas, it used to do it but now it won't

Thanks,
Steve

you mean the pics you took on your camera??

or it wont get new photos?
kasim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:31 AM   #3
coolbreeze
macrumors 65816

I've been having issues as well. It will sync some, but not all. I have the box checked to sync ALL, but it just doesn't happen for some reason.

Windows Vista, BTW.

LG G2, iPhone 5, iPad 4 LTE, 15" rMBP, SP3, Lumia 1520.

coolbreeze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:17 PM   #4
TheBusDriver
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasim View Post
you mean the pics you took on your camera??

or it wont get new photos?
Yeah the box is checked to I double checked.
5G 30GB White iPod
8GB iPhone bitch
TheBusDriver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 03:17 PM   #5
smo84
macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. I downloaded some pics from various iphone background websites, and some show up on the phone, and some do not. Also i noticed some are distorted, but fine on the PC.

Windows Vista Ultimate
smo84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 08:44 AM   #6
IOIIOOO
macrumors newbie

I, too, am having the same issue. I've found that it's more successfuly and syncing smaller (file size and dimension) photos, but even certain ones of those don't sync for some reason.

I've also found that if I had a directory checked to sync and it gave me an error message about the photos not being able to be displayed, then I unchecked that directory, it continues to give the same error regarding photos I am no longer even trying to sync!
IOIIOOO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:15 PM   #7
cal172
macrumors newbie

FYI - I removed the "iPod Photo Cache" folder from "My Pictures" folder and everything synced fine
cal172 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:35 AM   #8
laz305
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305
I am having the worst error, I have 700mb of free space and it won't sync not 1 photo. Any idea why plz?
laz305 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:38 PM   #9
myxomycetes
macrumors newbie

I found this thread while I was looking for answers to this question and thought I'd share my solution since none of the answers I found worked.

I emailed myself all of the unsynced photos off of my Camera Roll, then deleted all of the photos in the Camera Roll. Snapped a new pic, resynced my iPhone and voila! Everything's back to normal.

Hope this helps someone.
myxomycetes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:39 AM   #10
Sped
macrumors regular

I am having trouble syncing in general and believe it is related to photos. I think iTunes is having troubles with .AVI files in my photo library. iTunes used to just skip these and move on, but now I am getting an error when I sync my phone. I using 10.6 BTW.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 03:45 PM   #11
philcod
macrumors newbie

Smile

I had a similar problem, when doing a sync between iTunes version 10 on windows 7 and my iPhone 3GS, it wool only sync the videos and not the pictures, and sometimes it would only sync a couple of pictures.

Spent all day trying to fix, read many forums and tried many solutions to no avail.. Until...

Run iTunes in administrator mode. Right click on the icon then select run as administrator.

Problem solved....

Cod
philcod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:49 PM   #12
lumpypuddin
macrumors newbie

At a loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcod View Post
I had a similar problem, when doing a sync between iTunes version 10 on windows 7 and my iPhone 3GS, it wool only sync the videos and not the pictures, and sometimes it would only sync a couple of pictures.

Spent all day trying to fix, read many forums and tried many solutions to no avail.. Until...

Run iTunes in administrator mode. Right click on the icon then select run as administrator.

Problem solved....

Cod
This is my exact problem (minus the video part), operating system and phone model, however this solution did not work for me. Are there any other options for me to try? I'm at a loss as to why this won't work for me.
lumpypuddin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 01:50 PM   #13
SinisterPower
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to SinisterPower
iPhone 3gs Wont Sync Either

Whenever I try to sync my photos it says the requested file cannot be found. It optimizes like 93 out of 1500 photos and no photos get synced. Really getting frustrated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-14 at 2.51.44 PM.png
Views:	74
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	285314  
30 Mb/s High Speed Internet
SinisterPower is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 05:37 PM   #14
Jasperjax
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterPower View Post
Whenever I try to sync my photos it says the requested file cannot be found. It optimizes like 93 out of 1500 photos and no photos get synced. Really getting frustrated.
I'm having the same exact issue with my iPhone 4 & iPad 2, very frustrating!
Old May 16, 2011, 05:34 AM   #15
havanahelen
macrumors newbie

iPhoto syncing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterPower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperjax View Post
I'm having the same exact issue with my iPhone 4 & iPad 2, very frustrating!
Me too! iPhone 4. It has chosen a set of pics not to sync and I get the same message that James gets. Anyone know what the problem is?
havanahelen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 11:52 AM   #16
asacam
macrumors newbie

iphone won't sync

I also had this problem. I copied all my photos from iPhoto to a folder on my desktop. Went into iPhoto and deleted all the events/photos. Re-installed photos from desktop folder to iPhoto. Tried syncing specific folders to iPhone4 and it worked! The problem appears to be the photo cache in iPhoto. Resetting it seems to be the issue.

Last edited by asacam; May 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
asacam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 03:56 AM   #17
pdxguy89
macrumors newbie

Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanahelen View Post
Me too! iPhone 4. It has chosen a set of pics not to sync and I get the same message that James gets. Anyone know what the problem is?
I kept getting the same problem shortly after upgrading to the latest software. In your iPhoto, you have to open up Finder, open Pictures folder. In it you will find iPhoto Library. Open the folder preferences (I don't know the term how to do it, but on my macbook I use two fingers to tap it open). Select "Show Package Contents" and then look for iPod Photo Cache. Take that file and trash it!! Go back to your iTunes, and sync your photos. This should work. I just tried it and I am relieved to finally get my pictures back on my iPhone!

Good Luck!
pdxguy89 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:52 PM   #18
KKonLM
macrumors newbie

Red face Execellent! This worked perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxguy89 View Post
I kept getting the same problem shortly after upgrading to the latest software. In your iPhoto, you have to open up Finder, open Pictures folder. In it you will find iPhoto Library. Open the folder preferences (I don't know the term how to do it, but on my macbook I use two fingers to tap it open). Select "Show Package Contents" and then look for iPod Photo Cache. Take that file and trash it!! Go back to your iTunes, and sync your photos. This should work. I just tried it and I am relieved to finally get my pictures back on my iPhone!

Good Luck!

This was the perfect solution. Thank you.
KKonLM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:42 PM   #19
xianshell
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxguy89 View Post

Good Luck!
Perfect, thanks!
xianshell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:08 AM   #20
williamrivero
macrumors newbie

Simple Solution

Right click on iTunes.app in your applications folder and uncheck the run in 32-bit mode. Then sync your iDevice normally. HTH.
williamrivero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:05 AM   #21
victoria.annaa
macrumors newbie

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxguy89

Good Luck!
Thank yoo so much, this is the right solution!!!

- vic -
victoria.annaa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:53 AM   #22
dmd999
macrumors newbie

Smile Photo's

This is a problem that drives me mad to, I solved this problem but it was that long ago I couldn't remember how! After searching and finding no answer I went back to my phone to have another play and stumbled on something that works for me. Hopefully this will help others as there is a lot of people having trouble with this.
Don't try and sync the photos, shut itunes go to my computer and open the phone the same as an usb storage device it lists the photo's and them you can just save folder to my photos.
Simple but it worked! and I hope this will help others sat in front of itunes wondering why they have to make things so frustrating like I was
dmd999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:06 AM   #23
Capsgirl37
macrumors newbie

Write Access

I was having the same problem and tried all of the other suggestions. I was trying to sync one folder to my iPhone 5 and received the message that I did not have Write Access. I went into that folder in Finder and changed the settings from Read Only to Read and Write Access. I then was able to sync that folder with all of the photos into it onto my iPhone. Just another possible option for someone to try.
Capsgirl37 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting