Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
Just a random question... I was reading in the macrumors buyers guide and it lists it as mid product cycle, which kind of surprised me. I still consider it really new and wasn't expecting a new model for long time. What do you guys think? :)

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
Not until Christmas, if that.

The iPods are so big and so small that it doesn't need a revision anytime soon. Price wise is the same too, it seems to be saleing very well at its current price in what could be called a 'slow' season for this kind of product.

Lanbrown

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
They just received an update not too long ago. If something were in the works, it would be more than an update though.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Don't expoect the ipods to follow a 6-8 months rule, the aren't computers the most I would expect from the ipods over the next year even are new accesories and new firmwares that migth allow liine-in functionality

Foucault

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2002
Pasadena, CA
The only thing I would really expect from the new iPods are perhaps to lower its price point a little bit, but I don't see Apple updating the iPod to a new version until at least next year.

I Blog Blaum!

visor

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2003
in bed
Re: Do you expect a new iPod revision soon?

I guess, they could use a different energy concept, but that is about it.
I'm happy with mine as long as I don't travel for more than a day or two.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
The education rebate seems to be more for the 'Books than the iPods, but it ends late Sept. I'd think it would be more dependant on the hard drive manufacturer. When Toshiba has a higher GB drive at an affordable price point, Apple will update it. Maybe some new features, like voice recording (it in there already, but not implemented). Until then, price drops soon maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.