Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jul 18, 2003, 12:32 PM   #1
modyouup
macrumors member

Windows users please read - proxy servers

Hi I'm asking anyone who has windows to please answer this. I'm trying to compile an easy to follow guide for setting up a proxy server. I want to cover as many operating systems as possible but right now I'm trying to figure out how to do it on windows.

I searched on google but only got instructions on configuring internet explorer. As most of you know, in Mac OS X in the system preferences you can set a proxy server that will be used for every single use of the internet in any program that uses it. It affects everything while it appears that these instructions i found only affect web browsing on explorer.

My question, is there a way to do a similar thing with proxy servers on windows? Is there any main preference where you can input a proxy server and it will use that for every internet use, browsing, p2p clients, any app that uses the internet just as there is in Mac OS X?

Thanks!
modyouup is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community