Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jul 9, 2007, 03:43 PM   #1
xcoder78
macrumors newbie

Xcode: Google searchbar in Browser?

Hi again, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get a Google Search Bar in Xcode onto my Browser
xcoder78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 03:53 PM   #2
robbieduncan

You realise this is not a one-line of code thing. I suggest you start reading the documentation!
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:07 PM   #3
grabberslasher
macrumors 6502

Assuming your search field is an outlet in the nib file and is called "mySearchBar"

Code:
NSString *searchURL = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"http://www.google.com/search?q=%@", [mySearchBar stringValue]];
Then you just load that URL in your web view.

Code:
[[myWebView mainFrame] loadRequest:[NSURLRequest requestWithURL:[NSURL URLWithString: searchURL]]];
This is a simple example, you can probably work from here
grabberslasher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming