Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firsttube

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2004
first post! This will be interesting to see what kind of speeds come out using the "no-key" keyboard...

blindzero

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006
You have to do it in portrait mode...but i got around 30-33 words per minute using two fingers with 1-3 mistakes. I am around 60-80 on a real keyboard.

Mistakes are ok because iphone corrects them Except in safari(you are on your on in safari.) EDIT- Not true- It is correcting now...Not sure why not before.

Orup70

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2007
In the North
You have to do it in portrait mode...but i got around 30-33 words per minute using two fingers with 1-3 mistakes. I am around 60-80 on a real keyboard.

Mistakes are ok because iphone corrects them Except in safari(you are on your on in safari.)

I suppose you mean 60-80 words per minute on a real computer keyboard? How fast are you on a smartphone with hardware keys?

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
30 wpm with the sound off. Yes, it actually matters, at least to me. Also, not sure why people are saying it doesn't correct your mistakes - it fixed mine without any problem at all...

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It seems I am a pretty quick typist. Obviously done on a windows PC but 1535 wpm must be a world record.

Pretty impressive.

Attachments

• ttest.jpg
    ttest.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 346

zelman

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Anyone else think a post about typing proficiency with a typographical error in the title is pretty hilarious?

edit: it used to say "Test You iPhone Typing Speed"

Andhar

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
It seems I am a pretty quick typist. Obviously done on a windows PC but 1535 wpm must be a world record.

Pretty impressive.

Yeah...if you just click the blue field on a normal computer and then click anywhere outside of it then it does that. The only thing that tests is how fast you can click...which means you're excruciatingly slow.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 205

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Yeah...if you just click the blue field on a normal computer and then click anywhere outside of it then it does that. The only thing that tests is how fast you can click...which means you're excruciatingly slow.

Your keyboard must be on fire, but i actually typed the sentence out and i took longer than the time given, so not sure how accurate the test is, but then again it was designed to work in Safari on the iPhone rather than IE7 on windows XP SP2

Stoobs

macrumors member
May 15, 2007

pffft, slow-poke :D

Attachments

• speedy.gif
    speedy.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 200

CormacMaclaggan

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
Utah
I got 50 typing my milk shake brings all the boys to the yard, but the keyboard was kinda faulting out like it couldn't process the information fast enough.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Well my computer keyboard typing isn't that great (42wpm). But my iPhone typing was 38wpm. Maybe I should try holding my computer keyboard in my hands and typing with my thumbs on that too :p

exNavy

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Valley of the Sun
Neat, tool. I'd like to see the test last for at least one full minute to be more accurate about your typing speed. Interpolating a full minute's rate based on one sentence isn't as accurate as it could be. I realize this is just a fun little app and not a real test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.