http://mobilitytoday.com/news/007803...rmware_upgrade

Arc
8GB iPhone
TV
arcanic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:37 PM   #2
ventro
macrumors 6502a

This is pretty old actually. Was posted on some forum.
ventro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:45 PM   #3
Bradley W
macrumors regular

_

Last edited by Bradley W; May 22, 2008 at 12:59 PM.
Bradley W is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:52 PM   #4
FreeState
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley W View Post
Everyone seems to have predictions from "anonymous sources."
Hmmm I wonder what icon is supposed to be under his finger... settings is on the bottom row - and is that finder or what does it represent? I cant read it...

(probably fake but interesting)
FreeState is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:54 PM   #5
marklon
macrumors newbie

NIce find its my 1st time seeing this...hope this is true though...i'll be happy with just copy and paste from that list ...
marklon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:59 PM   #6
marklon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeState View Post
Hmmm I wonder what icon is supposed to be under his finger... settings is on the bottom row - and is that finder or what does it represent? I cant read it...

(probably fake but interesting)
Under his thumb is still the settings button. The finder icon looks like it says "files"
marklon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:00 PM   #7
SRSound
macrumors 6502

even if it's not true (though I certainly hope it is), the coolest part is that it's all possible! Upgradeability is a wonderful thing
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:01 PM   #8
JustinP81
macrumors 6502

Even if that's not real, which it sure looks pretty real to me, it makes sense that most of these things (a way to search files, finder, etc.) could just be hidden already on the iPhone. An update would just "open the blinds" so to speak on hidden items.

I'm not sure what good a finder would do you on the phone, as the only thing you can save to it are photos and music... unless an update allows you to download text files and stuff.

Pretty exciting, nonetheless.
JustinP81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:02 PM   #9
FreeState
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklon View Post
Under his thumb is still the settings button. The finder icon looks like it says "files"

No under meaning what is he pressing on - the icon where settings now is... (BTW I checked in Photoshop and there is not data that says its been edited in any way, but that can be easily spoofed too)
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:02 PM   #10
dontwalkhand
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to dontwalkhand
And hopefully this update will stop some of the iPhone bashing. It looks like they covered just about every excuse there is for iPhone bashers. People don't understand the fact that the reason the iphone is so featureless now is because Apple didn't want to delay the phone even further, I mean people have been waiting a long time for this.

What would be cool is some sort of vibra feedback of the keyboard keys. Each time you press a key on the keyboard, the vibrate would vibe a little bit for some feedback.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:06 PM   #11
JustinP81
macrumors 6502

the icon he's pressing, or about to press, could be some kind of text editor... that would fit in that row (the boring apps)

BUT...

It looks like he copied the 'Camera' icon and pasted it underneath his thumb (same color icon)

Good Photoshop job if it's a fake.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:08 PM   #12
Rojo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklon View Post
The finder icon looks like it says "files"
This is the only thing that makes me think this otherwise VERY real-looking image is probably a fake. I can't see a potential "files" icon having the usual Mac smiley-face finder image. Seems silly. If they DO make a file system, I would expect something else as an icon...
Rojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Rojo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP81 View Post
the icon he's pressing, or about to press, could be some kind of text editor... that would fit in that row (the boring apps)
Odd to have "notes" and a text editor right next to each other. If they have a text editor, why not just beef up "notes"?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:11 PM   #14
FreeState
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP81 View Post
like he copied the 'Camera' icon and pasted it underneath his thumb (same color icon)

In photoshop sampling the colors brings up different colors - so if its copied the colors have been changed slightly (iChat???)

If its fake its a good one thats for sure... (I always lean towards fake so I don't get my hopes dashed...)
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:12 PM   #15
The General
Banned

I could make that fake in like ten minutes. Take a screen shot of the main menu from apple.com, edit it to show some fake icons, sync that image to iPhone, open image on iPhone and take a photo.

As much as I want that pic to be real, I have serious doubts.

9:47am ... What a coincidence...
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:13 PM   #16
[G5]Hydra
macrumors regular

You people know that the iPhone can display pictures from the photo app in full screen right? Make a fake "home" screen in PS with some added icons and put it in your iPhoto album and sync it to the phone. Show in full screen and there you go. If those guys working on hacks did this it would be cool but that photo is pretty easy to fake with no PS work needed on the final photo.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:16 PM   #17
Mac-Addict
macrumors 65816

Well for the ones coming "very very soon" then we will find out if its true "very very soon".
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:17 PM   #18
Rojo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by [G5]Hydra View Post
You people know that the iPhone can display pictures from the photo app in full screen right? Make a fake "home" screen in PS with some added icons and put it in your iPhoto album and sync it to the phone. Show in full screen and there you go. If those guys working on hacks did this it would be cool but that photo is pretty easy to fake with no PS work needed on the final photo.
Yep -- now if they show these actual apps open and working, THEN we can really speculate if it's real or not.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:18 PM   #19
JustinP81
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by [G5]Hydra View Post

Why didn't I think of that. That's true. All I could see was "Man, if it's a Photoshop job, he did a good job with the fingerprints!"

But yeah, I could take a screen shot of my desk top, size it to look 'normal' for the iPhone, load it up and take a picture OF the phone and it would look like I was running full OSX on it.

Jerks with too much time on their hands!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:19 PM   #20
FreeState
macrumors 68000

Im calling fake now...

The image has one problem there is a bleed on the color change around the top of the thumb that is not on the hand anywhere else - shows a color applied to the image to change the icons appearance... (see pic) Also the camera time does not match the photo data (it says it was taken at 15:36 - aka 3:36).

PS - dude needs to clean his phone LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	79108   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment2.jpg
Views:	2280
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	79109  
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:21 PM   #21
krimedog
macrumors member

Doubt that

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I could make that fake in like ten minutes. Take a screen shot of the main menu from apple.com, edit it to show some fake icons, sync that image to iPhone, open image on iPhone and take a photo.

Not only do I think its real.....but....

I doubt you could make a fake that good in 10 minutes. You'd have to be jedi-multitouch-master-photoshop.
krimedog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:29 PM   #22
kalamus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post

Winner.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:31 PM   #23
cgray24
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimedog View Post
Not only do I think its real.....but....

I doubt you could make a fake that good in 10 minutes. You'd have to be jedi-multitouch-master-photoshop.
If you make your career in photoshop doing this in 10 mins is not that hard, but thanks for giving photoshop use such credit, makes me feel like im actually earning my money. :-)
cgray24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:32 PM   #24
hanschien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeState View Post
Im calling fake now...

The image has one problem there is a bleed on the color change around the top of the thumb that is not on the hand anywhere else - shows a color applied to the image to change the icons appearance... (see pic) Also the camera time does not match the photo data (it says it was taken at 15:36 - aka 3:36).

PS - dude needs to clean his phone LOL
Holy you went all CSI and stuff on it....
hanschien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:47 PM   #25
kdarling
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwalkhand View Post
What would be cool is some sort of vibra feedback of the keyboard keys. Each time you press a key on the keyboard, the vibrate would vibe a little bit for some feedback.
All they have to do is license that technology. From, who was it? Something like Immersion Tech ? Yeah, here we go:

http://www.immersion.com/mobility/
kdarling is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone