Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:16 PM   #1
Gigahurtz
macrumors newbie

The best iPhone case!

So i'm going crazy trying to find the right case. I don't want anything to big - prefer something sleek but protects my phone as i'm very nervous about dropping it. I love the look of the phone without a case (as we all do) but would still prefer to have a full case.

Please post your favorite case along with why you like it and a link.

I'm looking to purchase in the next day - perhaps we can turn this into a sticky as i'm sure i'm not the only one pondering this.
Gigahurtz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Sobe
macrumors 68000

this is probably more an "accessories" post, but here's the one I ordered:

iPhone Strada Case (Black Calfskin)

I like it because mostly there seem to be 2 types of cases: 1) cases that protect your phone when you carry it (and you need to take the phone out and 2) cases that you leave on all the time.

The ones that you leave on all the time I just didn't like because they seem to destroy the aesthetics of the iPhone.

The ones you just carry the phone in I didn't like because I wanted some protection in case I dropped it.

This Orbino case seemed like the perfect trade off between aesthetics and protection.

I also ordered a set of crystal film from apple to protect the screen because I am not sure I like Orbino's screen protection.

Last edited by Sobe; Jul 10, 2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: added why I like it
Sobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:28 PM   #3
sWaltuo
macrumors regular

i have a vaja case ordered .. and I must say that I am very excited about it coming in! The three choices all look beautiful! Check them out at www.vajacases.com ... But when I am using it I am debating buying an InvisibleShield .. just waiting for the reviews!
sWaltuo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:38 PM   #4
ecks618
macrumors 6502

I am currently using this:

I like it because the iphone fits snugly inside with no movement at all, and it seems like i wont fall out even if the flap is open which is important because the velco of the flap isnt the best, you have to press down to make it stay in place.
But what I really want is the Iskin Revo:

Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:39 PM   #5
mcdj
macrumors 604

I'm all for reinventing yourself, but the Vaja iPhone cases look like recycled bowling shoes to me. They have none of the sleekness their prior designs have had.

Piel Frama FTW.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:39 PM   #6
taberrr
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe View Post
this is probably more an "accessories" post, but here's the one I ordered:

iPhone Strada Case (Black Calfskin)

Calf skin? Yikes.

Last edited by taberrr; Jan 25, 2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Leprechauns
taberrr is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:47 PM   #7
sblasl
macrumors 6502a

Thumbs up Vaja i-Volution

I am waiting for Vaja to release the i-Volution for the iPhone. It is hands down the best case IMHO. I have one for my Treo 650. It is gorgeous and truly a classic.

The iPhone and Vaja cases are in a class by themselves. Vaja obviously had to wait until the iPhone was released before they could finalize the actual i-Volution case due to it's precise glove like fit.

I picked up a leather CaseMate at the AT&T store when I bought my iPhone on the 29th. I wanted something to protect it until I can order the Vaja i-Volution.

The CaseMate is OK, but when you see it next to my Treo's i-Volution there is no comparison.
sblasl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:20 AM   #8
Sobe
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by taberrr View Post
Sorry, but ... does that say Calf Skin? I don't think - in a million years - that I would want a dead baby cow's skin surrounding my cell phone. That is just... talk about inhumane... wow. Why not hire a slave to carry it around for you while you're at it?
Luckily it was a cow not a person, so there's no problem with being inhumane.

Do me a favor, spare me the anthropomorphisms and I promise not to share my recipe for Veal Saltimbocca alla Romana.
Sobe is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:29 AM   #9
Offspring992
macrumors member

Does anyone here have this?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TN563LL/A
Offspring992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:51 AM   #10
kqwik78
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offspring992 View Post
Yes, I currently have that case along with a shieldzone screen protector.

Great combo IMHO.
kqwik78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:14 AM   #11
jecapaga
macrumors 601

Quote:
Have the same case and love it. Adds the extra grip I wanted on the beautiful but slippery iphone.
jecapaga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:19 AM   #12
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecks618 View Post
I am currently using this:

Thumb resize.
i have that one, only brown. i like it, but i'm thinking i should have gotten the black. :0
Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:49 AM   #13
Goldenbear
macrumors regular

Quote:
Sorry, but ... does that say Calf Skin? I don't think - in a million years - that I would want a dead baby cow's skin surrounding my cell phone. That is just... talk about inhumane... wow. Why not hire a slave to carry it around for you while you're at it?
Unless you're a hard-core vegan, I find statements like this a bit bizarre.
Goldenbear is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:57 AM   #14
mullman
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to mullman
Quote:
Are your shoes and belt made out of plastic?

Regardless, good 'slave' idea, I'll post on craigslist and see if I can find one.

iPhone owner seeking slave to carry my said phone around.
No pay or benefits other than carrying my phone.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:52 AM   #15
taberrr
macrumors regular

I realize my point of view is not the majority here, and I'm sure you all think you're pretty funny. Just sharing my opinion, which is pretty much what forums are for. I'm not a hardcore vegan, I'm just not ignorant. Anyway, have fun!
taberrr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:58 AM   #16
Sobe
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I realize my point of view is not the majority here, and I'm sure you all think you're pretty funny. Just sharing my opinion, which is pretty much what forums are for. I'm not a hardcore vegan, I'm just not ignorant. Anyway, have fun!
I do make a mean vegetarian curry if you're interested....
Sobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:07 AM   #17
padmasana
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe View Post
I do make a mean vegetarian curry if you're interested....
and you can always wrap the iPhone in a chapati or a roti, or pita bread for that matter.
padmasana is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:08 AM   #18
wongulous
macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't buy leather either.

And I don't wear leather shoes or belt, except for my work-provided that I am forced to wear.

And the InCase rubber sounded promising, especially compared to crappy silicone cases that I've used on iPods on and off over the years (without much satisfaction), but then the reviews of them getting stretched out started to roll in... ugh.

All I really want is to protect the CHROME! Why did Apple have to make it so curvy and on the edges where it's at risk!?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:12 AM   #19
taberrr
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongulous View Post
And the InCase rubber sounded promising, especially compared to crappy silicone cases that I've used on iPods on and off over the years (without much satisfaction), but then the reviews of them getting stretched out started to roll in... ugh.

All I really want is to protect the CHROME! Why did Apple have to make it so curvy and on the edges where it's at risk!?
Anyway yeah, back on topic - I know! I got the jam jacket when I picked up my phone, it's perfect except for the stupid headphone winder thing on the back. They should make one without it. The incase one looks cool, but they don't cover the chrome right? At least the jam jacket one covers the chrome.
taberrr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:17 AM   #20
padmasana
macrumors member

I'm a vegetarian and i also shy away from leather, but I got to admit, I still like its smell.
I ended up going for a cheap-o case from eBay. I wanted something very thin and am still not sure if I will use it or not. Both my iPhone and the case are in a race from the Far East to see which one will arrive here the slowest.

Here's the case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-iPHONE-APPLE...QQcmdZViewItem
padmasana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:05 PM   #21
JonboyDC
macrumors regular

Quote:
I am waiting for Vaja to release the i-Volution for the iPhone. It is hands down the best case IMHO. I have one for my Treo 650. It is gorgeous and truly a classic.
If you follow the link to the Vaja site, you'll see that they have released the iVolution for the iPhone. And I have to agree with mcdj, I don't think it measures up to their previous cases. The site says that there are still more models to come, and I'm still hopeful that they'll release something that I like -- but the three models they have so far have not been it.
JonboyDC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:35 PM   #22
loudestnoise
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to loudestnoise Send a message via Skype™ to loudestnoise
I still love my iQase SiDE, but they are not for everyone
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:39 PM   #23
Gigahurtz
macrumors newbie

Still undecided... keep them coming!
Gigahurtz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:43 PM   #24
David R
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I have the black one. Expensive for what it is (a 5 cent piece of rubber) but it fits the iPhone perfectly, you can access all features with the case on and it provides pretty good protection. It's the best case in my opinion out of all the ones I checked out.
David R is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:26 AM   #25
beate
macrumors regular

Ordered Speck holdster (waiting)
Ordered PielFarma wallet (waiting)
In the meantime I've been using an old Sony pda case made by The Pouch.
It's growing on me. Has a place for the earbuds even. Case is a bit oversized.
Just went to their site and they have one now for the iPhone. So now I'm three for three. Glad the Vaja doesn't have what I want yet.
http://www.thepouch.com/iphone.html

Good for Vegans too! (I'm a Vegan myself but it's only in regards to food as of yet but thanks for that little push on my guilt button)
beate is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories