Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:58 PM   #1
williedigital
macrumors 6502

connecting to airport disk from windows

I've managed to connect to my airdisk (on my home network) from my office using my mac. It's a great way to have access to all my music while working. Problem is, I can't figure out how to do the same from a windows machine. I know the ip at home, and i just use apple-k to access it from my mac, but nothing that I enter into "add new network place" seems to work. I know the airdisk is seen as an afp share, but I think there should be some way to access the airdisk from a windows machine over the internet...
williedigital is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:30 PM   #2
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

Is it formatted as FAT32? Have you read this?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:37 AM   #3
williedigital
macrumors 6502

It is formatted as osx extended, but I feel like that should not be an issue. I access and use the drive perfectly fine from a windows machine when I am on the local network. I don't see why it being on the internet would affect that aspect.
williedigital is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals