Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:07 PM   #1
maokh
macrumors regular

Occasional "invalid sim" and "no service" error messages

At least once a day, for the past 3 days, my iPhone has been suddently displaying "no service" within a pretty well covered area. It does not find signal again. In order to aide it in a search, i flip on and off airplane mode. This triggers a sim error popup message and "invalid sim" shows up at the top left of the screen.

I need to reboot the phone in order to gain cellular service again.

Has anyone had this problem before?
maokh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:21 PM   #2
MattyMac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by maokh View Post
At least once a day, for the past 3 days, my iPhone has been suddently displaying "no service" within a pretty well covered area. It does not find signal again. In order to aide it in a search, i flip on and off airplane mode. This triggers a sim error popup message and "invalid sim" shows up at the top left of the screen.

Unfortunately for your sake (not mine) I have to say this hasn't happened to me. If it continues to happen up to your 14 day return period...I would take it back and see if they can give you another one since it doesn't seem normal and this is the first I've heard of this problem.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:59 PM   #3
sdm1130
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maokh View Post

I had this same issue for the first few days after I got my iPhone. Turns out, my data plan was all messed up (I had gone from a Blackberry with AT&T to an iPhone). A few calls to AT&T and a day later things were up and running. I have not had any problems for the week+ since then.
sdm1130 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:15 PM   #4
cah87
macrumors regular

dude i had they same problem just go to att have them replace the sim card and it fixes it. They do this for free also!
Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:25 PM   #5
jojojoven
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cah87 View Post
dude i had they same problem just go to att have them replace the sim card and it fixes it. They do this for free also!
Hi, I had they same problem and also I replace the sim card, but now is the 3rd time and still happen, if some one know a solution please let me know, thanks.
jojojoven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:52 PM   #6
EdLee
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojoven View Post
Hi, I had they same problem and also I replace the sim card, but now is the 3rd time and still happen, if some one know a solution please let me know, thanks.
Do you use a case with magnets in it? This happened to me and I had to have my iPhone replaced a few times before I stopped using the case.

Just a thought.

Ed
EdLee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone