Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
Hi, I was wondering, if when I get an iPhone will it fit into my Altec Lansing IM7 iPod speakers? And if it does will it work. Does the iPhone have the same dimensions as a 30 GB iPod 5.5g? Thanks.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I think that the iPhone is a fair bit wider, and it looks to be about the thickness of an 80GB iPod. I do believe that the docking port is the same and it certainly has a mini phono jack, though it is recessed (the info about the mini phono being the only certain fact in my post so do read on :D)

waremaster

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
Hi, I was wondering, if when I get an iPhone will it fit into my Altec Lansing IM7 iPod speakers? And if it does will it work. Does the iPhone have the same dimensions as a 30 GB iPod 5.5g? Thanks.

Most ipod speakers support the universal dock adapter standard. Yes it will fit if you order the dock adapter from apple they are 9.00 for 3. I just got mine and am using my iphone with a set of JBL Onstage II speakers without problem. You will likely however see the message that the accessory is not designed for iphone would you like to switch the phone to airplane mode? When you click no you will have sound just like normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.