Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:30 PM   #1
Obey Giant
macrumors newbie

Email Tip for Comcast.net addresses...

I have a Comcast email address, and I was unable to send emails from my iPhone. I went to the Apple store and they helped me figure it out. Here is what you do if you are having problems... Go to "Settings", then "Mail", then click on your email account...click on outgoing mail host name and erase the ":452"...

you should now be able to send email...
Obey Giant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:06 PM   #2
somberlaine
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Giant View Post
I have a Comcast email address, and I was unable to send emails from my iPhone. I went to the Apple store and they helped me figure it out. Here is what you do if you are having problems... Go to "Settings", then "Mail", then click on your email account...click on outgoing mail host name and erase the ":452"...

you should now be able to send email...
I had the same problem and went through various senarios. WHen I am on my home wifi, I had no problems. My outgoing mail server was set to Smtp.comcast.net but once I connect to edge it will NOT let me send any emails. so I have to change the outgoing email server to ATT's cwmx.com. I called comcast and they told me that they don't support iphones and they did not wanna bother.
somberlaine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:09 PM   #3
Obey Giant
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
I had the same problem and went through various senarios. WHen I am on my home wifi, I had no problems. My outgoing mail server was set to Smtp.comcast.net but once I connect to edge it will NOT let me send any emails. so I have to change the outgoing email server to ATT's cwmx.com. I called comcast and they told me that they don't support iphones and they did not wanna bother.
Yeah I talked to Comcast before I went to the Apple Store, and they did not want to help me one bit with the iPhone!! They suck! My outgoing email works for me on Edge and wi-fi. That's weird that it won't work for you!
Obey Giant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:24 AM   #4
murf'n'surf
macrumors member

Could you be so kind and list out what you enter in all of the boxes for setting up a Comcast.net link. I.E.--incoming host name etc. Is Comcast.net an IMAP or POP??
murf'n'surf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:51 AM   #5
murf'n'surf
macrumors member

I ran across my answers......

Select POP as the server type and enter your account information.

Your email address: username@comcast.net
The email server type (POP)
Incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
Enter your username and password. Your username is the part of your email address before the @ symbol.
You can find additional information at: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/
murf'n'surf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:41 AM   #6
rayward
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf'n'surf View Post
I ran across my answers......

Select POP as the server type and enter your account information.

Your email address: username@comcast.net
The email server type (POP)
Incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
Enter your username and password. Your username is the part of your email address before the @ symbol.
You can find additional information at: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/
For what it's worth, this works for me.
rayward is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting