Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:58 PM   #1
jwhMac28
macrumors member

iBook Shut-Off Problem

I apologize if this has been discussed recently, but it's kind of a hard topic to search for. A while back I ran across an article about a problem with iBooks completely shutting off when moved around a certain way, due to a defect. At the time I thought, "Wow, that's pretty terrible for THOSE iBook owners..."

And now it's happening to mine. I have AppleCare so hopefully it will be as easy to fix as a trip to the Genius Bar, but I would like to read up on the situation if I can before I go. Does anyone know where I can find documentation about this? Thanks.
jwhMac28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Nukemkb
macrumors 6502a

don't know about documentation...but is your iBook one with a motion sensor?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 08:57 PM   #3
jwhMac28
macrumors member

No, it's the model right before that, the late '04 model. Are the motion sensor ones the only models with that problem?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 01:24 AM   #4
jwhMac28
macrumors member

It's happened a couple more times since I wrote about the problem (I guess I really DO need to take it in), but it seems like it's a problem with a short or bad connection or something between the battery and the rest of the computer, as it hasn't happened while it has been plugged in. Maybe this symptom could help someone pinpoint the issue? Thanks.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs