Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 23, 2003, 09:42 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

MIT, Boston College say subpoenas in music-piracy case viola...

Category: Peer to Peer
Link: MIT, Boston College say subpoenas in music-piracy case violate privacy rules

Posted on MacBytes.com
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2003, 11:29 AM   #2
MacManDan
macrumors 6502

Wow, MIT was the last group I expected to hear this from. According to our MITnet terms of use, they warned us that we would be on our own if we were caught doing anything illegal (that they did not catch first) on their network. And since I work for their I/S department (part-time, since I do attend MIT) I've seen them crack down on file sharing "super nodes" that often consume most (or all) of a dorm's network. Kind of surprising to me ..
MacManDan is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2003, 02:08 PM   #3
MacFan25
macrumors 68000

I'm just wondering if these lawsuits are going to hold up in court or not. It's going to be interesting.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 08:01 PM   #4
Capt Underpants
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally posted by MacFan25
I'm just wondering if these lawsuits are going to hold up in court or not. It's going to be interesting.
Why wouldn't they hold up in court? They stole copyrighted music. That is illegal.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion