Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 2, 2003
New York
this morning i was looking for my case so i turned on a light that was on an above shelf, and accidentally knocked down a glass candle holder that broke above my iPod. it still works fine, there is no damage to it except the big crack in the display :(

is there some loophole in the warrenty i can use, or how much do i have to pay for them to fix it. i just had to tap into my powerbook fund to buy a new $75 power supply because my old one burnt out, and i can't bare the thought of shelling another hundred or more :(

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
You mean the outer case screen is cracked, or is the LCD itself cracked too? I would think apple could repair it either way, although if the screen itself (LCD) is cracked it may not be cost effective to repair it vs. getting a new one.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 2, 2003
New York
Originally posted by RichP
You mean the outer case screen is cracked, or is the LCD itself cracked too? I would think apple could repair it either way, although if the screen itself (LCD) is cracked it may not be cost effective to repair it vs. getting a new one.

the lcd itself is cracked, and what do you mean not cost effective v. getting a new one? how expensive would that be?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i sent you a private message, make sure you check it out.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.