Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I'm having a problem with my iCal alarm message prompt. When I set an alarm reminder for me a message is supposed to come up at a set desired time beforehand. The message does come up and it does play the sound, however the message goes as far as it can go to the left of the screen and many times I don't even notice it. I don't see anywhere in the app to fix this and I wondering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
iCal was doing this on my G5 tower for several months, but never on my MacBook Pro. All of a sudden, it's back to normal, popping up in the middle of the monitor. Perhaps it was fixed with 10.4.10.

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I'm running a Power Mac G5 as well and I'm running the latest patch but I still have this problem. Everything else in iCal works but this. I have no idea what the problem is and how to go about fixing it.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Same here. It pops up halfway off the screen. Not sure if it's still doing it since the latest update (haven't scheduled any), but I'll check.

What sorta bothers me is that the prompt and the calendar event seem to be controlled separately somehow. If I click the "X" to delete it in the prompt, it doesn't delete the item in the calendar. Seems like it should, imo.

ctracy

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
ical alarm message off screen fix

Ok, I was having this problem and here's the simple fix that will not delete your appointments or data...

Go into your Users folder>username>Library>Preferences> and delete the file named "com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist" this will not erase your meetings but it will fix the problem!

Have a great day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.