Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

island

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
Nashville
Updated on the Apple site as now shipping within 2-4 weeks, called the local stores and no dice on it being in stock or any idea.

Just an update.

mjs975s

Suspended
Jul 5, 2007
NYC
Updated on the Apple site as now shipping within 2-4 weeks, called the local stores and no dice on it being in stock or any idea.

Just an update.

It's said 2-4 weeks since day 1 of the iPhone introduction - no one knows when it is coming out. AT&T told everyone on the 29th and 30th that they would receive them the first week of July but what do they know ;)

ndriver182

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
This is killing me because I really need a bluetooth headset and I don't know if I want that jawbone despite how well it seems to perform. I'm really liking the whole Apple headset so far, but waiting on availability and news on how well it actually works.

chadsteruw

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2007
Seattle, WA
soon?

I looked on the Apple website and they just posted the user's manual for the bluetooth headset today..

i'm wondering if it could be this week. I know Apple likes to release things (usually) on Tuesdays...

I called an Apple store and they informed me "mid-August" so who knows...

:apple: Chad

ThanatosId

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
I looked on the Apple website and they just posted the user's manual for the bluetooth headset today..

i'm wondering if it could be this week. I know Apple likes to release things (usually) on Tuesdays...

I called an Apple store and they informed me "mid-August" so who knows...

:apple: Chad

Where did you find the manual? I looked everywhere and couldn't locate it. I hope it comes out soon, I have a jawbone that I will probably exchange if the Apple one keeps up with their quality.

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Seems this person got one at an Apple Store in NJ. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad7674/sets/72157600967305938/

The coolest thing is when its charging its status is shown on the iPhone display. It will be interesting to see reviews as far as quality/battery.

Also apparently pairing is as easy as plugging the headset and the iPhone into the same charger, thats slick.

Manual also gives instructions for using it with iChat on your mac.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
i was in the apple store today, didn't bring my card, only enough money to buy a case for my iphone. Well guess what, they had two bluetooth headsets in...I started ripping my hair out right there.:mad:

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I really want one of these. I tried calling my local apple store after reading the news and they have no idea when they will get their shipment (Beverly Center, Beverly Hills). Hopefully they get some in tomorrow, if there is typically something magical on tuesdays and apple products?

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I saw them at the Apple Store yesterday. Same type box as the iPhone.

What I don't 'get' is how it stays in the ear. For instance, I'm a female with long hair. I envision absentmindedly brushing back my hair and knocking it to the ground, removing sunglasses and catching it on the earpiece.
I can't figure out how this would work.

EDIT: Oak Brook, Illinois store has them.

dominatrix

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2007
YEA! just called the apple store, they got a few in and are going to hold one for me until five. awesome! :D

dont lie.. because they dont do that. When u call apple they say on the phone that they cannot hold any product.

btw where are u ? i called 3 apple stores and all of them had sold out..

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I really want one of these. I tried calling my local apple store after reading the news and they have no idea when they will get their shipment (Beverly Center, Beverly Hills). Hopefully they get some in tomorrow, if there is typically something magical on tuesdays and apple products?

well I called the store again this morning and the guy says they had some but they sold out. So I call another store that is a few blocks down (The Grove) and the guy tells me if I get there quick I should be able to get one. Got there and they had just got around 10-15 units behind the counter. Can't wait to try it out!

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
dont lie.. because they dont do that. When u call apple they say on the phone that they cannot hold any product.

btw where are u ? i called 3 apple stores and all of them had only 3 in stock..

they would not hold them for mr either. Maybe some stores have different policies, or the employees take it upon themselves?

dominatrix

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2007
they would not hold them for mr either. Maybe some stores have different policies, or the employees take it upon themselves?

cant understand how they work.. i dont like most of the apple employes here in atlanta.. they think they are steve jobs, and when u ask stupid questions they dont know the answer.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
cant understand how they work.. i dont like most of the apple employes here in atlanta.. they think they are steve jobs, and when u ask stupid questions they dont know the answer.

1. I don't get why they wouldn't hold one for you. I've been to many apple stores in my area (boston) and all of them have held something for me in the past. That just sounds stupid.

2. Report those little $%#$ers to apple. they shouldn't be treating you like that. I think there is a complaint or comments site on apple.com, I'd look around.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT

call the apple store in chestnut hill, ma. tell them you want an apple bluetooth headset. if they don't have any, ask them, if they get some in tomorrow and you call can they hold one for you?

Told me their policy is they can hold them until 5pm. And they did.

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
I got one

Picked one up from the Towson (MD) store last night. There were 3-4 of them left. Tyson's Corner had some as well, Columbia was out when I called.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
Picked one up from the Towson (MD) store last night. There were 3-4 of them left. Tyson's Corner had some as well, Columbia was out when I called.

awesome, let us know what you think. Like I've said elsewhere, if you don't like the iPod or iPhone earbuds, you probably won't like this one. I think its good, but I'm looking for something like the earjams to help me out. Hopefully in black.

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
What I posted in another thread

Comparing the Jawbone to the Apple headset:

"I have the Jabra JX10, the Jawbone, and last night I picked up the Apple headset.

With the Jawbone, my fiance can still hear the background noise, although not as much as with the JX10. It's more pronounced when I'm moving around than when I'm standing still.

I'm having a hard time getting a good, secure fit with the Jawbone. I've tried both earpieces, and have fiddled with different sizes for inside the ear, and none of them give me a lot of confidence. Add a pair of sunglasses on top of the ear hook, and it gets even looser.

The Apple, I can only give impressions based on the incoming calls (I tested calling my work voicemail). Incoming sounds are really good. The headset is light, and fits my ear ok. I'll have to wear it for a long period of time to see if it stays in. Basically, if the standard Apple earbuds work for you, this will as well. They include 2 foam covers as well.

The fact that I have a dock for charging both the iPhone and headset, as well as a travel cable that charges both as well, is a bonus. And probably accounts for $25 - $30 of the cost.

The Jawbone goes back this week. Now it's the Apple headset vs my Jabra. "

Will report again once I've had some 2-way conversations with it.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N

Just because the stores you called wouldn't do it, doesn't make it policy. For instance: Several stores in the L.A. area will hold items, but only for a matter of hours. They've done it several times over the last couple years just in my personal experience. Northridge even held a 17" MBP during the week they started arriving last Nov. (again, for only a couple hours).

mjs975s

Suspended
Jul 5, 2007
NYC
Just because the stores you called wouldn't do it, doesn't make it policy. For instance: Several stores in the L.A. area will hold items, but only for a matter of hours. They've done it several times over the last couple years just in my personal experience. Northridge even held a 17" MBP during the week they started arriving last Nov. (again, for only a couple hours).

The three Apple stores I called today (all 3 hrs away in various directions) said *if* they had them in stock when I called, they were more than willing to hold one for 24 hours. All individuals were very nice but did emphasize that the headsets were only trickling in and have been flying off the shelves so it was heavily dependant on them actually having one on hand at the time I called for them to put my name on and hold back for me.

While I love Apple and its products, I won't be driving 3 hours to get the BT headset, just like I refused to wait in line to get an iPhone (picked one up the next morning by walking into an AT&T store). Now if a friend or family member is scheduling a trip to one of the cities with an Apple store, of course I'm going to call and reserve one for them to pick up for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.