Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to a report by statesman.com, Apple is expanding its Austin, TX facilities to include a new 80,000 square foot facility at 12565 Riata Vista Circle in North Austin. The company also reportedly renewed its lease on existing properties in the area which house support personnel.

The efforts continue Apple's attempts to consolidate staff in more centralized, adequate facilities as it continues to expand. Last year, Apple announced plans to build a new 50-acre campus in Cupertino.

Article Link

millerrh

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2005
Oh man...if this means design/engineering jobs in Austin I'm all over this like flies on poop.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I hope next spring when I go to Austin for training they will let me run around the Apple facility as I work for a chip supplier I can say it's work related.:D

alldayeveryday

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2006
ATX
I was wondering why they were clearing the land!
It's good to know that I should be ready to pack up my cube sometime in the future. :)

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
I hope next spring when I go to Austin for training they will let me run around the Apple facility as I work for a chip supplier I can say it's work related.:D

I've been to that Apple facility a few times. Security is pretty lax. On the last day I checked in and got a guest badge printed that said I was "Steve Jobs". The receptionist didn't even bat an eye. I wandered all around the facility and no one asked me anything. Its mostly call center facility and AppleCare.

uscmatt

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Looks like my brother might be getting some new co-workers then. He works there in Tech Support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.